Dark Thoughts - are these something to worry about?

Urgh! First day back at school and DS (14) has earnt himself a two day zone placement (isolation from classes and break times) - he was asked to do a poem about his English teacher (who he really doesn’t like) and it was so dark and evil it was scary! Xxxx should die xxx should die a painful death etc Scream SENDCO have asked to talk to him over the weekend oh which I’ve already done and he’s like “it’s just words in my head, I don’t meant it” - having had a lovely calm boy over the Xmas period and now going back to school we don’t know where to go from here. He’s not a bad kid and even
School have said that but he refuses a lot which gets him into trouble. Anyone experienced this?

Parents
  • My son, who’s not autistic, wrote a very dark poem when he was younger. I can’t remember it fully but it was about killing or something like that. No one batted an eye at it, as far as I know. We thought it was deep and dark but I just thought he must have been feeling angry or something when he wrote it. I can get very in-depth at the dark stuff and I too don’t mean it but it does feel like a kind of release. I can’t believe they’ve put him in isolation because of it. What do they think they will achieve by doing that? I’ve also got an extremely avoidant profile, so I refuse to do a lot of things, even if I want to do them. I didn’t go to school for a whole year when I was 14 and wouldn’t do a lot of things, but I couldn’t explain why. But I do know people got the wrong end of the stick. I could be very graphic in my thinking but I can barely watch a film if it’s got any kind of violence in it. I’m slowly realising that there’s just no explanation for the way I am sometimes. I don’t always like it but I’m realising that I’m going to have to accept it and stop trying to come up with reasons. It doesn’t make logical sense other than the world is a harsh place for me and my refusal and anxiety etc are all related to my difficulty in relating to the nt world.

• My son, who’s not autistic, wrote a very dark poem when he was younger. I can’t remember it fully but it was about killing or something like that. No one batted an eye at it, as far as I know. We thought it was deep and dark but I just thought he must have been feeling angry or something when he wrote it. I can get very in-depth at the dark stuff and I too don’t mean it but it does feel like a kind of release. I can’t believe they’ve put him in isolation because of it. What do they think they will achieve by doing that? I’ve also got an extremely avoidant profile, so I refuse to do a lot of things, even if I want to do them. I didn’t go to school for a whole year when I was 14 and wouldn’t do a lot of things, but I couldn’t explain why. But I do know people got the wrong end of the stick. I could be very graphic in my thinking but I can barely watch a film if it’s got any kind of violence in it. I’m slowly realising that there’s just no explanation for the way I am sometimes. I don’t always like it but I’m realising that I’m going to have to accept it and stop trying to come up with reasons. It doesn’t make logical sense other than the world is a harsh place for me and my refusal and anxiety etc are all related to my difficulty in relating to the nt world.

Children
No Data