'Mild autism'

Hi, my son was diagnosed last week with the above. He is 3.5 and due to start school next September. Although I've been fighting for this, still feel really sad about it, especially as he has come on so much in the last 6 months!  It's a lot to get your head around, felt as if I was told, given a leaflet and shown the door. Wondered if anyone else has had the same diagnosis and how it affected them, their child and especially mainstream school life...thanks for reading, any support would be greatly appreciated :) 

Parents
  • Can I also ask, the term 'mild autism', is this the same as 'on the autistic spectrum'? which is what I was told. I was told that all people on the pathway of DSM-5  and then diagnosed are now generically reported as 'on the spectrum', even the term aspergers being omitted. Its all very confusing. 

• Can I also ask, the term 'mild autism', is this the same as 'on the autistic spectrum'? which is what I was told. I was told that all people on the pathway of DSM-5  and then diagnosed are now generically reported as 'on the spectrum', even the term aspergers being omitted. Its all very confusing. 

Children
No Data