Struggling

my 3 1/2 year old daughter has just been diagnosed with autism. Don’t get me wrong I’ve known for a long time that this day was coming. But I suppose now having it all confirmed I feel like I’ve been hit by a bus she is non verbal. Dosnt eat food only snacks (crisps yogurt fruit) that’s literally it. Where do I turn how do I get her the help and support she needs 

Parents Reply Children
  • Did you have her diagnosis through camhs? We ended up paying private as his app isn't until mid Jan!! All you can do is keep fighting for the help she needs! x

• Yeah know what u mean only just had her diagnosis but feel been fighting for someone to listen to me for such a long time. And this is only the beginning of our journey 

• Hi...it's not awful & selfish at all I have thought and said why him why us!? My lb should be in school but only lasted 5 weeks I've been trying to find him a suitable special school and have 2 in mind but it has to be approved by the LA so should know on Friday. It's so frustrating, as if it's not bad enough going through all this anyway you then have to fight to get them the help that's needed its disgusting Disappointed relieved