Not receiving e-mail notifications?

Am I the only one who is not receiving notifications when someone has posted to a thread that they are subscribed to?

Parents
  • This is the Thread designated by WebPM to write to, concerning EMail Notifications, about One Month ago...

Yet this Thread was begun by "AspieMum" over 7 Years ago...

Anyone reading, who still has such troubles, WebPM (not NAS) said to Post here...

(Sarcasm:...This way, NAS can ignore us more than once...??)

• There's a possible confusion about the seven years. As many of our longer-standing contributors know, we replaced the entire platform for the Community last June - indeed some of the feedback has been about that new system. Since the mail is now coming from a different system at a different provider, using different technology, any problems that were happening seven years ago, on the previous system, are not likely to be relevant today.

Otherwise, unfortunately my view has not changed from what I said a couple of months ago, a few messages earlier in this thread. I think we have done everything that we can to ensure that we are sending the notifications. There was a problem at one point, that stopped anyone getting notifications for some days, but we corrected that (resulting in a bit of a flood as the queued notifications were sent out).

However, the way that email works on the Internet is that it is passed from server to server. Once we have sent messages, we have relatively little control over whether they are delivered. Usually they are, of course, which is why most people are indeed receiving notifications. Your individual Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and other mail-system operators will, however, take their own steps to protect their customers from the massive volumes of spam flying around the system, and sometimes genuine messages get caught up in those. Sometimes also there are other issues, but I believe that anti-spam measures are the most likely ones here.

There is little that we can do to investigate, because those ISPs are likely to take the view that their delivery of mail to their customers is not something that they would discuss with a third party, (especially a third party who just wants to get more mail delivered to those customers!) For what it's worth, I've got a similar problem at home with an unrelated forum, where it seems that notifications arrive for a day or two, and then dry up. If I change email addresses, they arrive again for a bit, and then the same happens.

The only suggestions I can make are:

1. Try a different email address if you have one (by editing your My Account settings via the link at the top of the page)
    2. Approach your ISP with as much detail as you can (examples of previous notifications that did arrive, if you have them, will help)

Individual messages, of course, might contain words that cause them to be identified wrongly as spam, so check your spam/junk folder. If no notification messages at all are arriving, it's more likely to be something to do with wrongly identifying our notifications in general as some kind of bulk mailing that should be blocked.

• There's a possible confusion about the seven years. As many of our longer-standing contributors know, we replaced the entire platform for the Community last June - indeed some of the feedback has been about that new system. Since the mail is now coming from a different system at a different provider, using different technology, any problems that were happening seven years ago, on the previous system, are not likely to be relevant today.

I do not know what you mean by "the seven years". To consider all of what I quote, there, I may misunderstand it...?

Are you telling us off for posting problems about a now defunct-system, yet at the same time acknowledging our also posting about the new system/platform/forum/whatever...?

I have, perhaps, a solution to this confusion which many, many of us have been suggesting for a very very long time, which I shall try to put politely...

...GET NAS THEMSELVES TO START A NEW "FEEDBACK" THREAD!!

• Although I like to think we kind of know a certain amount about each other.

I really like this sentence! I am exactly the same!

• Thank you California I was concerned after posting that it seemed I was talking for you! Sorry I try not to include people in my assumptions, I only thought it wrong after reading it much later. Although I like to think we kind of know a certain amount about each other.

take care.

• Thank you California I was concerned after posting that it seemed I was talking for you! Sorry I try not to include people in my assumptions, I only thought it wrong after reading it much later. Although I like to think we kind of know a certain amount about each other.

take care.

Children