Philosophy

Anyone here interested in philosophy? I am currently reading Thus Spake Zarathustra by Nietzsche. If anyone has read this, I'm interested to hear what you thought of it.

Parents
No Data
  • I read this about 2 years ago. I decided to try Nietzsche because I was very keen on Hermann Hesse, and Nietzsche is mentioned in his Hesse's books sometimes. I read the old English version, as it was the only Nietzsche book in English on the Project Gutenberg website.

I found it quite hard to read (perhaps due to the old English) but I tried my best to understand it all. I enjoyed it a lot, although I didn't take notes on things at the time so I can't remember everything that I learnt from it. Some things I took away from it are: to be strong mentally and physically as much as possible; to take responsibility for yourself; to always work on improving yourself; to think for yourself and not blindly follow others.

I liked the way it was written as fiction and in short chapters, and I found it entertaining.

I have read about other philosophers and Nietzsche's other ideas, but I havn't studied philosophy lately.

What do you think of it Hope? What other philosophy do you like?

Children
No Data