Online Community - Comments, Improvements and Feedback

Dear Community,

We were pleased to see so many comments about the community on the recent thread about the Leader Board. We are always wanting to learn more about how we can develop the community and so have locked the previous thread so that all comments and suggestions about general improvements to the community can now be placed here on this thread.

Please comment here on any ideas, improvements or feedback you have about the Online Community. 

Please note that although we take on board all your ideas, we may not be able to implement all of them.

As always, please be kind and respectful when commenting to each other.

Thanks,

NAS Moderators

Parents
  • ...And sometimes when a Reply IS typed... it does NOT save it to that Thread. We may spend very many minutes in typing a Reply --- only to have it disappear. Not everyone can "workaround" this.

...Again I ask of NAS... IS this the kind of "Forum" that you really want??

• These disappearing and reappearing posts are driving me nuts.

Different posts appear depending on how we enter a  thread. From the oldest or most recent !   Then Pressing load new or load previous gives different final results.

Different posts in the middle are missing!

Alien

• Seconded, thirded and fourthed! It only happens on my phone (android) and iPad, on a PC it's ok. Presumably it's trying to be clever and use less resources but the result is responses you know are there, because you've previously seen them, become invisible unless you go right out and scroll through the entire thread from the beginning. 

Why can't we have a 'normal' forum where responses are linear with pages and page numbers for long threads. You then have a sense of where you are and can choose what to read or catch up with. Long threads on traditional forums can still make sense and be navigable which is not the case here and leads to subjects getting dispersed all over the place.

It's a mess and this thread is a shining example of said mess.

• Seconded, thirded and fourthed! It only happens on my phone (android) and iPad, on a PC it's ok. Presumably it's trying to be clever and use less resources but the result is responses you know are there, because you've previously seen them, become invisible unless you go right out and scroll through the entire thread from the beginning. 

Why can't we have a 'normal' forum where responses are linear with pages and page numbers for long threads. You then have a sense of where you are and can choose what to read or catch up with. Long threads on traditional forums can still make sense and be navigable which is not the case here and leads to subjects getting dispersed all over the place.

It's a mess and this thread is a shining example of said mess.

Children
No Data