Online Community - Comments, Improvements and Feedback

Dear Community,

We were pleased to see so many comments about the community on the recent thread about the Leader Board. We are always wanting to learn more about how we can develop the community and so have locked the previous thread so that all comments and suggestions about general improvements to the community can now be placed here on this thread.

Please comment here on any ideas, improvements or feedback you have about the Online Community. 

Please note that although we take on board all your ideas, we may not be able to implement all of them.

As always, please be kind and respectful when commenting to each other.

Thanks,

NAS Moderators

Parents

•  REQUEST FOR AN ONLINE IMPROVEMENT

In respect of having and those having ASD sensory processing issues ~ might community member's avatar images and user-names be to some extent desensitised as functions, so that their respective information panels only 'drop-down' when tapped or clicked?

I ask this because presently the browser cursor only needs to cross the avatar image or user name and the respective drop-down information panels activate ~ which is visually jarring when not intended, and as such causes repetitive strain injury.

No more please NAS?

• Noted. We'll see what can be done.

Reply Children
  • Can I please ask why sending pictures while in PM setting is no longer working?

it just says after trying,” the file does not match the needed file extension, it then lists an awful lot, it used to work up until recently? Many thanks,

• Noted. We'll see what can be done.

It will be very very much appreciated, thankyou.

(Keeping in mind I use a screen colour app) One thing I was at first very pleased about with the upgrade was the quote function, for whilst typing the quoted text now appears in a high-lighted panel, making it perfectly easy in long posts to differentiate from the text I am writing ~ major bonus.

The major bonus is though completely lost once posted, what with there only being a vertical line to differentiate quoted text from personally written text. This does nothing to assist horizontal visual tracking when reading as it is more of a distraction as @Misfit61* mentioned ~ being that the bold vertical bar and bold horizontal user name are more substantial in perceptual registration than the quoted standard text itself.

Another eye-strain problem previously mentioned is that the font-size posted on page is one size, whereas the font-size in the reply box is another size as being 25% smaller ~ as results in excessive peripheral and central refocusing. Might it be here that in terms of font-size ~ one size really would fit all?

Oddly enough though, when the reply box has been initially activated on my laptop ~ the font-size text cursor starts off larger then becomes smaller when it is ready to be used. So providing this is not just a particularity of my laptop's or browser's adaptive functioning, perhaps this as site operation can be taken advantage of?

I just hope from a particular day on all forums that the reply box will present exactly what will appear on screen once posted, as one forum I use allows you to write in the preview box ~ so no bother with creative type-setting and layout.

Have a good one, and many many more

DT

*The @User-Name Mention function is not for me coming up with the appropriate names, but if it works once posted this will be deleted and only therefore present in the e-mail notifications.