This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

POLL: Should the Community keep the Leader Board? Please vote.

Dear Community Members, 

We are aware that there have been a few discussions recently relating to the Community Leader Board, which is featured on the main page of the online community website. As a Community, we want to ensure that we are listening to our members and creating a community that is the best for it members. For this reason, we have decided to create this poll to decide whether the Leader Board should stay as a feature or be removed. 

Please vote before 31st August 2017, as this will be the date the poll will end. 

We will take the final poll results into consideration, but please note that the final decision will be confirmed by the NAS Moderators. 

Thank you!

• Dear Community Members,

Thank you for taking part in the poll - Should the Community keep the Leader Board? - which ended on 31/08/2017 at 4.52pm:

The results were as follows:

Yes = 5%

No =71%

I don't mind either way = 24% 

As this is a resounding no, we will be removing the Leader Board from 4pm today.

If you have any questions, you can contact the community manager at: communitymanager@nas.org.uk

Thank you to all for being a member of this community!

NAS Moderators

• Dear all,

Thank you so much for your feedback.

To ensure that we are not missing any of your comments about the community and how to improve it we have decided to lock this thread and create a new thread for the purpose of these comments. Please can all your comments regarding the leader board and any other ideas please be shared on this new thread -  

community.autism.org.uk/.../online-community---comments-improvements-and-feedback

Please feel free to copy or move your previous comments to this thread.

As always, please be kind and respectful to your other community members, we are all in this together.

Thanks,

Holly Moderator

• I can't find a "colour that site" app for iPhone. So if anyone does please post it. It mostly seems to be photo editing or colouring books.. I'm not using the right search words. Thanks 

• I like cheerful colours. Pink orange green now if it were blue then I probably wouldn't. But I either don't know or can't remember what it was like before. I quite like the buttons as they are but I agree confusing at times. As you folk strongly don't like it would be open to it being different. 

• I will look into the recolouring app, thank you. Does anybody actually LIKE the hideous pink, high contrast look of all this? It seems geared to something other than what this site is supposed to be about...

• Spotty Tortoise said:

It all remaining in a live looking state very much makes it feel as if you may not have voted. Uncertainty is not a good fit with this community.  Or is this just me? 

Not at all, I am so with you and ElephantInTheRoom also on that one, who I am so glad has reclaimed her original user name again.

As for the hideous bright pink I am no longer afflicted by the searing whiteness and lurid pink as I got a free 'Colour That Site' app, so everything as far as I see it is exactly the colours I like, if that might be a viable suggestion perhaps?  

• Misfit61 said:

Well thought out. I would also like a page with the instructions where we can add references and links, book and article suggestions , recommended writers and websites etc because a lot of this is useful information but gets lost in amongst the posts and also some repeated in reply to people's queries. Another section for hints and tips and practical advice e.g. How to ease sensory overload or how to help shutdown. Maybe this is repeating things from the website but they seem to be needed more directly from the forum..? 

There used to be a link at the bottom of each page on the old format, dealing with every fact about autism the NAS has. I am interested to see what the NAS has to say about your idea, and unless I am mistaken, either you or someone else has asked about this before ~ probably in the 'A change for the worst' thread.

Misfit61 said:

Sometimes Im typing in the post reply box and the reply button disappears. Then I copy what I've written and add it somewhere else.. does that happen to anyone else? 

I use a PC and have not had that particular problem as far as I can recall.

• Thank you deepthought, I voted when it first came up,it seemed to accept it but nothing to say one way or the other, I just voted no hit the vote button and it flashed something up top right of my screen? I then refreshed and in grey it says" you have voted no".

As a poll it really is poor,most sites I go on have an updated percentage or number total,some even have different coloured bar graphs so you can keep up with events.

so we won't know how many voted,or what the actual outcome was? Sounds like democracy has run away lol.

very kind of the moderators to allow us to discuss things here, for instance the effectiveness of a poll! How informative it is or isn't.

they do a pretty good job keeping us all happy but unfortunately are always in the firing line when things aren't quite right.

a big community hug to them all.

• Looks like you've done it then.. hurray. 

• Well thought out. I would also like a page with the instructions where we can add references and links, book and article suggestions , recommended writers and websites etc because a lot of this is useful information but gets lost in amongst the posts and also some repeated in reply to people's queries. Another section for hints and tips and practical advice e.g. How to ease sensory overload or how to help shutdown. Maybe this is repeating things from the website but they seem to be needed more directly from the forum..? 

Sometimes Im typing in the post reply box and the reply button disappears. Then I copy what I've written and add it somewhere else.. does that happen to anyone else? 

• Spotty Tortoise said:

It all remaining in a live looking state very much makes it feel as if you may not have voted. Uncertainty is not a good fit with this community.  Or is this just me? 

Well I tried voting the first time and did not to get anywhere, so tried again using as such the highlight/select/quote function and tapping the vote button, so now there is a 'you have already voted no' caption under the final vote date.

• It seems I have correctly voted 'no' regarding the leader board.

My shopping list of things that I like otherwise to be are:

I would like the text size in the reply box to be the same text size as in the posts, as I do not like developing eye strain as writing for me is tiring enough without making it worse, it does not help. And as for using which ever buttons are involved with increasing or decreasing the page size, I invariably forget which is which and regularly push the wrong buttons anyhow.

I would like the nested threading replaced by orderly post sequencing in the sense of first first, second second, third third and so on and so fourth, as I work best with rather orderly systems of operation.

I would like also that when signing up as a community member, that the community rules are not in any way optional to read but absolutely and utterly essential before becoming a community member. Rule number two regarding not posting identifying particularities is regularly broken. This is fundamentally dangerous at worst, and potentially risky at best.   

I would like for their to be an instruction manual for this site that can be accessed like the forums, and in addition a glossary of terms, because I either forget computing stuff regularly or do not identify or relate with them initially, which is confusing.

These are list of my unfavourite and otherwise more favourable things . . . 

P.S. I would also like the indentation of the posts to disappear ~ straight below the former instead, and to disappear all the higgledy-piggledy of the posts in threads getting hidden between other posts. I mean life is a big enough puzzle without adding confusion to it here also.

• At least everyone will know what to look for .. 

• On my phone now, you are right, it does say that in tiny greyed out writing, I really don't think it did before.  However I could easily be wrong as it's so unobvious, the button should be grey or something, not tiny writing.  I'm pretty much of a detail spotter too...

• NAS Moderator said:
    • Voting Ends: 31 Aug 2017 5:52 PM
    • You have already voted for 'No'.

Mine tells me I have voted...

• Not just you Spotty as we all ironically expect something much more intuitive 

• I have looked at this on my PC and my phone and however this vote works it is confusingly presented. As soon as I saw it I selected no and clicked the big pink VOTE button.

I think I briefly saw a vote accepted message but it was quick so can't be sure.  What I find odd is that when I come back to this post no is still selected and the VOTE botton is still (that hideous) bright pink.  On nearly anything else similar I've interacted with previously the VOTE  button would be greyed out so you know you've participated and cannot do so again.

• A not unfamiliar feeling ... 

• Misfit61 said:

I don't understand why it's not working for you. I just clicked in my option and that was that..

Me and technology seem to have an arrangement, I do not understand it much, and it does not work for me much, either.