The PIP experience is challenging.

My wife found a clause (trying to rediscover it) which stated that it was not necessary to call in those with an ASD.

However ATOS managed to convince my wife that it was necessary to see how I am affected by my stroke.

I started losing my balance more frequently circa 2014 the MRI scan in 2017 found evidence of scarring in the rear of my brain.

Previously having low care low mobility with DLA I came to realise this was going to be different.

The ATOS assessor appears to be qualified to at least a senior sister in order to be able to work alone but is she experienced 

working within ASD? It would appear not. Equating a pre-arranged interview facing someone across a table as being identical 

to not engaging with anyone socially is totally absurd. I did engage with her because she created rapport with me, not me creating 

it with her,or us creating it jointly..As she appears not to have not been listening too closely I am drawn to concluding that her

shorthand skills need an urgent review in addition to her lack of understanding diversity within ASD. I am not going into this

too deeply as I am getting ready to go to appeal at a tribunal. But a copy of my complaint against ATOS will be presented at

my tribunal hearing..

Parents
  • Please tell me more because your account seems somewhat familiar.I scored 0,and getting tired of fighting through my life all the time.

• The best thing I did was go to the Benefits and Work website, subscribe to them so that you get access to the member's section. In there you get detailed help on how to fill in the Pip, ESA or Appeals. I can't remember which way round it is but there is advice for both physical and mental health disabilities ( I needed both).  It sounds like you really need some help to do this so ask your local council to put you in touch with their Welfare Rights team or go to your local Cab. If I had managed to fill the forms in sufficiently to begin with I wouldn't have had to appeal which I didn't get. The hearing was so awful I didn't get any help for over a year because I just couldn't cope with any more. Then my Welfare Rights stepped in again and sorted me out so that I got both ESA and pip. I didn't have the autism diagnosis at that time I had enough other issues to get them. Hope this helps. 

• The best thing I did was go to the Benefits and Work website, subscribe to them so that you get access to the member's section. In there you get detailed help on how to fill in the Pip, ESA or Appeals. I can't remember which way round it is but there is advice for both physical and mental health disabilities ( I needed both).  It sounds like you really need some help to do this so ask your local council to put you in touch with their Welfare Rights team or go to your local Cab. If I had managed to fill the forms in sufficiently to begin with I wouldn't have had to appeal which I didn't get. The hearing was so awful I didn't get any help for over a year because I just couldn't cope with any more. Then my Welfare Rights stepped in again and sorted me out so that I got both ESA and pip. I didn't have the autism diagnosis at that time I had enough other issues to get them. Hope this helps. 

Children
No Data