An interesting article I wrote on the reality of the current system.

I have compiled an article(most compassionate one to date) about the ideal vision for our revised system. Click here http://www.assupportgrouponline.org/system

Please check it out.

Emma

Parents
  • No one who’s sensible thinks it is terrorism and climate chance, potentially leading to a collapse in food production in a hugely serious issue, there is the potential for increased unemployment related to increased automation but just as with the first two problems it is something we can both manage and mitigate.

The problem at the moment is that we have shrunk the tax base due to ideological reasons, the idea that “poor people” shouldn’t pay tax is an ideological position. The changes from automation really haven’t taken hold yet, unemployment is very low by historical standards and the participation rate has never been higher.

The issue we’re going to face is an oversupply of unskilled labour, it’s an issue that’s already raising its head in some areas and the solution is not an ever-increasing supply of unskilled labour. We need to stop importing unskilled immigrants, increase the skills of our workforce and at an absolute minimum move population growth to zero and ideally negative, not just in the UK but even more importantly globally. As for leaving it to the free market we probably can’t do that entirely but the free market actually operates incredibly efficiently, although what we have isn’t really a free market (Ha-Joon Chang has written several great books on that), but in a free market there would have been several banks and thousands of companies going bust in the 08/09 recession, instead they were put on life support and they have suffocated long term growth in the economy because successive governments weren’t willing to deal with a bit of short term pain. Just as companies and individuals can be allowed to succeed, they must also be allowed to fail.

Fewer people, in more skilled and more productive rolls, with various types of automation taking over the mundane and inane tasks, where the profit is in knowledge and skills is the way forward. The idea that a small group of people should work, design, create and invest their time, energy, personal wealth and ability into a system that allows the vast majority to sit around doing nothing is insane, that’s not a country I want to live in. I don’t resent the successful, I strive to work as hard and as smart as they have to reach the best outcome.

That's a purely ideological and psychological, not a practical economic, theory.

Economics is never purely practical because the vast majority of people are irrational, illogical creatures who behave in a way that isn’t the most sensible course of action, that has to be accounted for. Part of economics is just as much psychological as analysing the maths, stats or affordability of policies, if human behaviour isn’t properly accounted for the model won’t work.

• No one who’s sensible thinks it is terrorism and climate chance, potentially leading to a collapse in food production in a hugely serious issue, there is the potential for increased unemployment related to increased automation but just as with the first two problems it is something we can both manage and mitigate.

The problem at the moment is that we have shrunk the tax base due to ideological reasons, the idea that “poor people” shouldn’t pay tax is an ideological position. The changes from automation really haven’t taken hold yet, unemployment is very low by historical standards and the participation rate has never been higher.

The issue we’re going to face is an oversupply of unskilled labour, it’s an issue that’s already raising its head in some areas and the solution is not an ever-increasing supply of unskilled labour. We need to stop importing unskilled immigrants, increase the skills of our workforce and at an absolute minimum move population growth to zero and ideally negative, not just in the UK but even more importantly globally. As for leaving it to the free market we probably can’t do that entirely but the free market actually operates incredibly efficiently, although what we have isn’t really a free market (Ha-Joon Chang has written several great books on that), but in a free market there would have been several banks and thousands of companies going bust in the 08/09 recession, instead they were put on life support and they have suffocated long term growth in the economy because successive governments weren’t willing to deal with a bit of short term pain. Just as companies and individuals can be allowed to succeed, they must also be allowed to fail.

Fewer people, in more skilled and more productive rolls, with various types of automation taking over the mundane and inane tasks, where the profit is in knowledge and skills is the way forward. The idea that a small group of people should work, design, create and invest their time, energy, personal wealth and ability into a system that allows the vast majority to sit around doing nothing is insane, that’s not a country I want to live in. I don’t resent the successful, I strive to work as hard and as smart as they have to reach the best outcome.

That's a purely ideological and psychological, not a practical economic, theory.

Economics is never purely practical because the vast majority of people are irrational, illogical creatures who behave in a way that isn’t the most sensible course of action, that has to be accounted for. Part of economics is just as much psychological as analysing the maths, stats or affordability of policies, if human behaviour isn’t properly accounted for the model won’t work.

Children
  • A very famous man is known for his philosophy 'to each according to his need,  from each according to his ability". And I wholly believe in that. 

Some views being expressed here would make the Sherriff of Nottingham seem a benevolent soul tax ing the poor to give to the rich.  Or in his case, the king who had bankrupted the country to fight in the middle east.  Does that sound familiar?