An interesting article I wrote on the reality of the current system.

I have compiled an article(most compassionate one to date) about the ideal vision for our revised system. Click here http://www.assupportgrouponline.org/system

Please check it out.

Emma

Parents
  • NAS15840 said:
    Interesting and whilst I agree that we do need to look at the way the NHS and social care operate, or how the disability benefit system functions I also think we need to be careful not to throw the baby out with the bathwater. For instance, we’ve been told for almost the last three decades that the NHS was on the brink of collapse unless it got a lot more funding, but it hasn’t collapsed, the problem is that it functions as a system designed to meet the needs of the past, not the present or the future, but being such as sacred cow everyone is scared of complete reform and restructuring of the NHS.

That is indeed true. The NHS is run according to an outdated ideology from the mid 20th century rather than a modern institution providing the services required for today and tomorrow. It is far from a progressiveinstitution and many of its employees are institutionalised so are resistant to change. There are also plenty of undeserving people in senior positions who strive to maintain the status quo to protect their jobs.

Even worse is that the NHS is Britain's unofficial national religion.

The difference is that in Germany or other European countries it’s seen as everybody’s job to contribute, however in the UK over the last decade an attitude of “the rich” should pay for everything. Until the majority of the population accept that they will have to pay more in tax, that it can’t just be paid for by someone else then the current situation will continue.

I disagree with this one. My mother's background is politics and economics. What you have basically subscribed to is the railings for scrap mentality from WW2.

• NAS15840 said:
    Interesting and whilst I agree that we do need to look at the way the NHS and social care operate, or how the disability benefit system functions I also think we need to be careful not to throw the baby out with the bathwater. For instance, we’ve been told for almost the last three decades that the NHS was on the brink of collapse unless it got a lot more funding, but it hasn’t collapsed, the problem is that it functions as a system designed to meet the needs of the past, not the present or the future, but being such as sacred cow everyone is scared of complete reform and restructuring of the NHS.

That is indeed true. The NHS is run according to an outdated ideology from the mid 20th century rather than a modern institution providing the services required for today and tomorrow. It is far from a progressiveinstitution and many of its employees are institutionalised so are resistant to change. There are also plenty of undeserving people in senior positions who strive to maintain the status quo to protect their jobs.

Even worse is that the NHS is Britain's unofficial national religion.

The difference is that in Germany or other European countries it’s seen as everybody’s job to contribute, however in the UK over the last decade an attitude of “the rich” should pay for everything. Until the majority of the population accept that they will have to pay more in tax, that it can’t just be paid for by someone else then the current situation will continue.

I disagree with this one. My mother's background is politics and economics. What you have basically subscribed to is the railings for scrap mentality from WW2.

Children
No Data