Autistic parents with non-autistic children

Are there any individuals here who are autistic and have children who are not autistic?

Is it difficult dealing with children who are not like yourself?

How do you cope with parenthood and being autistic?

I want to hear your thoughts

Thanks

• Well i cannot answeer to ur qustion, but i would tell u like this, its never hard with u child its your everything so no mettatter what you need to help him/her. at least i'm always trying to do so. not so long ago i have been said that my child, besides autism is suffering from low level hgh

• Used to joke that having an NT child would be my worst nightmare.

Remember, no one is a good parent, aim for "good enough".

Parenting classes are great because it gives you new ideas and it lets you hear from other parents they too have struggles.

With NT children in ND families, getting them to participate in things like Scouts or Guides gives them relationships with other adults.

As they get older it's useful to explain your ASD in age appropriate ways. My step kids are both ND but they learned early my DCD was quite a different set of challenges and that included poor noise processing. So if they wanted to talk to me, music and TV needs to be turned off.

They still do this :)

• Yes I am diagnosed with Aspergers and I have a son who is not autistic. Your definitely not alone