"Innocent" or "Childish" Pursuits

What so called "childish" or innocent pursuits does anyone have?

Myself, I like blowing bubbles.  I always have a pot of them in the car, and often take them out when I go on a walk and sit down and blow them and watch them float gently over the landscape or historic site.  I do find it very therapeutic and suppose it is a sort of stimming although it is usually done when I am calm, although sometimes I must say when I have had a difficult few minutes I get the urge to blow them. 

I also love watching old children's television programmes from when I was young.  Catweazel, the Gerry Anderson puppet series (Supercar, Fireball XL5, Stingray, Thunderbirds and even Four Feather Falls), Follyfoot (I fell in love with Dora as a teenager!).

And I am never far from my recorder.  Although I stopped being taught at the age of 11, I carried on with playing it and even though my music reading is below very basic I can pick out a tune and change the key to suit very easily. 

So does anyone else have these sort of so called childish pursuits and what are they?

Parents Reply Children
  • Hello, I am trying to 'figure things out' here on the website since I'm new, I saw a notification that said that you had replied to my comment but I can't figure out where it is... The bottom purple banner keeps scrolling up when I try to move the page along, then when I got it to stop doing it - the notification flag went away and said there is none... So know that if you replied to my comment - that I would like to see it but have no idea where to go to see it... hope your weekend is beautiful... : )