How to find a Girlfriend

Hello, i am really trying to find a girlfriend and i'm not getting any luck. My Stepsister/Stepbro both have people in their lives and don't have autisim but i have autisim and i don't have a person in my life. Its really getting me down. I have decided to try and lose a bit of weight and improve my looks to get more attractive. But online dating like Plenty of Fish is not working.

What do i do and where do i start 

• (Greetings anyone. I am only posting here to bring this "older" Thread back to the fore... because it has recently been copycatted by someone else. Replies and discussions should be to here, and not to the copycat Thread, which is Malicious SPAM. NAS, please pay attention, please.)

(No, I myself am not interested in "Dating", sorry.)

• Cricket 123, how about your local library?

I mention this because in a library there's no pressure to 'intermingle' but if you go there enough you will get to know who else visits there a lot. Also, and I don't mean this to sound as if I'm talking down to you, I would have thought there would be a fair chance of people there who are a bit like you.

But the thing is, unless you do make a reasonable effort, nobody is going to come knocking on your door so it is important to try to 'make things happen' by placing yourself in situation where you have a chance to meet girls.

• Hi Cricket123,

It's a tough one, that.  I've always been the same.  Generally, though, I find that if you go out desperately looking for someone, it doesn't work.  That's my experience, anyway.  I've tried dating agencies, etc - usually with no real success. Maybe don't try so hard and see if things happen more naturally.  That's easier said than done, though.

Most of the girlfriends I've had in my life are people I've either met through work or through some kind of common interest.  I've always found it necessary to get to know the person a bit first, and to be familiar with them.  Then, though, there's always been the challenge of asking them on a date.  And I miss a lot of body language, so I don't always know when someone is flirting with me.

Do you have any special interests?  Is there maybe a club you could join (not an easy thing, I know!) or a class you could go to?  I once met someone at a reading group in my local bookshop, and I met the woman I married (I'm divorced now) at a meditation group.

Just thoughts.  I hope the right person comes along for you.

Tom