cannabis oil

Our 3 year old boy is in the final process of officially being diagnosed, and we are probably like many  other families , in that we are always online desperately looking for help/ advice  that  may  help our boy, we have come  across articles on cannabis oil  ( albeit mainly on  American sites ) has any one got any views on this? Is it legal here ,does it help, has anyone any experience of it ? 

Parents
  • There are examples of its use in America, but the big problem is whether the efficacy is proven. Children seem to get better, and it might therefore have an effect on anxiety etc that might equally be achieved by other medications.

I suspect the problem in UK would be legal, both in terms of the drug and in terms of administering something unproven to children.

I don't think there is anything wrong with raising it here, despite there being strong views held both for and against recreational drugs, which might make the discussion prickly. We need to explore options in a balanced way, whether or not they are feasible under current UK legislation. We don't know enough about the causes of autism to be forthright one way or the other.

There are a lot more cures and facilitating solutions offered in the States, but they tend to be expensive, and create a class divide. There will be parents in America who cannot afford these costly elixirs, whether or not they work.

But I hope the discussion continues, in spite of this hiatus.

• There are examples of its use in America, but the big problem is whether the efficacy is proven. Children seem to get better, and it might therefore have an effect on anxiety etc that might equally be achieved by other medications.

I suspect the problem in UK would be legal, both in terms of the drug and in terms of administering something unproven to children.

I don't think there is anything wrong with raising it here, despite there being strong views held both for and against recreational drugs, which might make the discussion prickly. We need to explore options in a balanced way, whether or not they are feasible under current UK legislation. We don't know enough about the causes of autism to be forthright one way or the other.

There are a lot more cures and facilitating solutions offered in the States, but they tend to be expensive, and create a class divide. There will be parents in America who cannot afford these costly elixirs, whether or not they work.

But I hope the discussion continues, in spite of this hiatus.

Children
No Data