crafting

hello, does anyone else like spinning, knitting, felting and weaving ? Two years ago I got myself a second hand spinning wheel, some ready to use , clean fleece and just got started. Its very therapeutic ! The first wool I made was a mixture of black and purple- twined together. I then knitted a small bag-and long strap, for my daughters nintendo ds, then i felted it- basically shrunk it ,in the washing machine ! I tied a purple ribbon on with a few trinkets to customise it. My daughter loved it and soon told all her student friends about it, so now i make all sorts of sizes of bags, felt them and put them on crafting sites to sell. At the moment I`m making lots of different colors of frogs ! They`re really cute and make great christmas presents.

Does anyone else spin or felt stuff ? i`m going to try making a hat soon, that should be fun! I`m not too great at reading knitting patterns, so keep fingers crossed it will turn out ok. : ) . allyd

Parents
  • I do cross-stitch, when my hands/fingers feel like obeying me *lol* When I'm in the mood I can get really into it, but if I'm distracted or worked up or my mind is otherwise engaged I just find it so frustrating and challenging it very often gets thrown across the room

But I've had a number of successes, including a Xmas card I did for my Mum and stepdad last year that I started in September

• I do cross-stitch, when my hands/fingers feel like obeying me *lol* When I'm in the mood I can get really into it, but if I'm distracted or worked up or my mind is otherwise engaged I just find it so frustrating and challenging it very often gets thrown across the room

But I've had a number of successes, including a Xmas card I did for my Mum and stepdad last year that I started in September

Children
No Data