Sherlock (The BBC version)

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone on here is a fan of Sherlock (The BBC television show)? It stars Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman, as Holmes and Watson, and it's a fantastic show. I'd love to discuss it with someone :)

Parents
  • I think it's a clever idea to update it to contemporary Britain (and technology), but I'm too much of a fan of the original Sherlock Holmes stories to really take to it.  Have you ever read any of them?  The Hound of the Baskervilles has got to be my all-time favourite horror mystery novel.  I loved the stories as a kid because I really felt like I identified with the character of Sherlock Holmes.  I don't have any doubt that he was an Aspie!

• That's also one of the reasons I love Sherlock! I can really relate to him.  I have read a study in scarlet, a sign of four and a few of the stories in the adventures of Sherlock Holmes.  I recently got a leather-bound copy of the complete Sherlock Holmes which I am currently now reading.  The books are absolutely amazing! <3

• THOTB is the best Sherlock Holmes novel.  Of the stories, my favourites are The Speckled Band, The Boscombe Valley Mystery, Thor Bridge and The Bruce-Partington Plans.  I love the atmosphere of Victorian England created in the stories - before all the technology.  I watched the first 15 minutes of the first episode of the last series, with Holmes engrossed in his iPhone in every scene, and switched off.  The first couple of series were interesting enough, but the novelty soon wore off for me.

If you're interested, back in the '80s and early '90s, there was a brilliant run of series of the original stories, in the original setting.  Jeremy Brett played Holmes.  He was, without doubt, the best at playing the role.  Many of them are on YouTube... including a feature film of The Hound of the Baskervilles.  Check it out when you've got a couple of hours to spare and fancy a fright!

The Hound of the Baskervilles

Reply Children
No Data