Pen pals

Hello I love writing letters and would love to write to other parent/carers of children who are on the autistic spectrum. I have a 5 year old and a 4 year old, my youngest has ASD. Thank you

• Hi. I would be interested in having an email pen pal. My name is Vik. I'm 30 years old from Wales in the United Kingdom and I have Aspergers syndrome as well as having anxiety. 

• I would like to have a email pen pal I'm a 32 year old bipolar and mild moderate to high functioning autistic female from NC in the mountains 

• That sounds like an awesome idea, as it looks like the idea of penpals looks to be very popular Slight smile

• Hello, my name is Ezra and I am 15 years old. I live in Townsville, Australia. I love sports and playing on my x-box. I would love to hear from you. Ezra

• Hello Leo,

I am also an Aspie from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

I would also love to chat with somebody, about anything and everything.

I am also always free to chat.

Thank you!

• Hi, my name is Leo. I am a 21 year old Aspie from the West Midlands. I would love to chat with somebody, about anything and everything. I am always free to chat. Thank you.

• Hey Lauren,

I'm a teen with aspergers too and would love to chat. It's just difficult with the personal details thing. There is a private chat option on here I think so I will send you a quick message on there :)

• I would be happy to have a penpal who was either on the spectrum (like myself) or even someone who cared for someone on the spectrum. But understandably I don't like giving my address on the internet.

Couldn't NAS set up a penpal system? Where those who wish a penpal would give their details to NAS and send their letter to NAS who would act as a proxy forwarding messages on, thus participants would not know the address of the person they are writing to.

• hey lauren I too am aspegic and would love to find pen friends, I hope we can chat but i'll leave that up to u

• Hi all, am looking for a pen pal friend for my daughter Daisy. Daisy is 7  super cool loves animals (guinea pigs fish in particular) and has recently diagnosed as being on the spectrum. Sadly the past year Daisy's been to unwell too attend school, and doesn't interact much with the outside world, we'd love her to try have a pen pal friend Relaxed️, much appreciated, hugs too all x

• My daughter is 15 she has autism adhd, and she would like somebody to relate too that has the same thing

• hi I was wondering if anyone knows of any support available for my son who has anxiety but would like to write/ email other children who have problems with their brother or sister? 

He is 10 years old, currently under going therapy for anxiety, he is quite literal in his thinking but otherwise has no other issues, he is a lovely, caring boy just hoping to find other kids his age that he can talk to, who may understand how much his sister gets him down at times.

Any ideas appreciated.

Many thanks 

• hi im lauren i have aspergers syndrome i would like contact with other teenage people to swap experiences and gain friends

• Thank you for your reply. I am so sorry I did not realise that we were not allowed to swap personal information so I aplogise. I will take a look at the link. Thankk you again

• Hi Smileyjo, hello my name is Shelley.

I would love to have more contact too with other parents or carers, my own son is 21. The problem is that we aren't allowed to share personal information on this website. Maybe it needs someone to set up another website that can be linked from this one. I've found out that there is a magazine for people with autism on here that features pen pal  ads, you've probably seen it, I think someone posted the link in the topic 'New to all this'.

Anyway as the mother of an adult son with ASD if you need to chat I'm always on here.