ENCOURAGED TO MOVE NEARER RELATIVES BY 'MENTAL HEALTH FACILITATOR'.

I have lived on my own independently for about seventeen years, not knowing I was on the Autistic Spectrum'. my Mum lives miles away in a cluttered house, my sisters in other parts

of the country where the housing is expensive.  My Mum owns the house in which I live in at the moment and I happily pay her the rent, rather than to a private landlord.  Most adult children

in the South of England have to live with ageing parents for years, face homelessness or dodgy landlords.  However now I am over the fifty threshold with a label, professional people would

like me to move closer to my caring relatives. Today I explained why I am not budging, rental costs, where would I go, I have a back garden, know the community which I live and left an area where I felt even more isolated than I do now.  Are the health authorities fearful that I am going to be a liability in later years and want to reduce the cost of caring for me in my  own home, relying instead on family members.  I pointed out that at one time, clinical psychologists wanted me to be independent of my Mum and now the tune has changed, I wonder why...I am going to remain firm and rooted where I live as I have seen too many homeless and rootless people on our City streets.  Have any other autistic people been pressurised to live closer to their family?

Parents Reply Children
No Data