About Space Exploration

Anyone interested in Space Exploration here?

Anyone passionate about and interested in the big projects?

Anyone interested in a journey through the Universe?

Parents
  • ...Excuse me, but What happened to this Thread?

California did not reply, either... might that have been because replies were about Astronomy, rather than "Space Exploration"...?

Anyone interested in a journey through the Universe?

...We all are (here), but little probes with little power and little distance are not very interesting. I say get rid of "Jet Propulsion" and focus upon AntiGravity, is what I say... But it is too expensive and so that is why it is currently so limited. (..It Gets rid of Oxides and just uses pure Elements like Gold and Lithium.)

...Any more discussion? I would like to know the precise number used (in software) for calculating the phases of the Moon, for example. I cannot build a StoneHenge for myself and so I do not know...!      ;-)

• A synodic month (full moon to full moon) in days of 86400 SI unit seconds is...

29.530588853 + 0.000000002162 × (current year - 2000)

Though I doubt the builders of Stonehenge would have specified quite as many decimal places as Wikipedia!

And speaking of Stonehenge, it is of course the summer solstice tomorrow [looks at clock], erm, today - about 11am BST round these parts. And we have Mars, Saturn and Jupiter all visible for a night or two (might go for a midnight ramble tomorrow, my southern horizon is about 250ft higher than here!)

Happy midsummer's day, everybody!

• A synodic month (full moon to full moon) in days of 86400 SI unit seconds is...

29.530588853 + 0.000000002162 × (current year - 2000)

Though I doubt the builders of Stonehenge would have specified quite as many decimal places as Wikipedia!

And speaking of Stonehenge, it is of course the summer solstice tomorrow [looks at clock], erm, today - about 11am BST round these parts. And we have Mars, Saturn and Jupiter all visible for a night or two (might go for a midnight ramble tomorrow, my southern horizon is about 250ft higher than here!)

Happy midsummer's day, everybody!

Children
  • Thaaaaanks for that, "Troglu"! Some things are fiendishly hard to find upon the 'net, and that exact number (exact-ish?!) is one of them! I asked it as if I wanted to write my own Program...   ;-)

Astronomy and natural cycles and History are a very important thing to know. Too bad this is not taught in Schools... but that is another conversation altogether... Thank You again.