What interests you?

Hello, 

I'm new here and thought I'd try to get to know people by finding out more about you individually, if that's okay? 

So I'm really into animal behaviour. Having previously been a vet nurse it always fascinated me & was obviously a big part of my job so that was a bonus. As a result I have pets... currently 2 house rabbits and a lovely gerbil. 
I'm also into motorbikes... having grown up around them I just love to be around them & riding them. 

So what interests you?

Parents
  • Human behaviour (I still haven't figured them out!) and science. Anything to do with science really but I'm particularly fascinated by time and our ideas of what it is, does it really exist, what difference would it make if it didn't? On a more day-to-day basis, reading and home design / decorating.

I also tend to go through phases of interests, picking one up for a while and focusing on it 100% until one day it just doesn't interest me anymore (baking was one). Pets were another while my daughters were all young and still living at home, we've had hamsters, gerbils, fish, cats, a snake, a dog, slugs and various others over the years. We still have our dog, he's a great wee guy.  

• Ah yes, human behaviour. I'd have loved to study that at school but I wasn't "smart" enough.

Would you say theoretical physics and philosophy would be a good indication of your scientific interests?  

Have you ever looked into Anthropology? 

Home design & decoration must be a fun one. Do you find changing rooms in the house fun? 

I also go through phases, normally things I remember doing as a child. My last phase was cross stitch, currently it's computer games. 

(sorry if all the questions are overwhelming)

• Theoretical physics, philosophy, gene editing, geology, anthropology ... I love reading into whatever's grabbed my interest at the time but unfortunately I wouldn't remain focused on one thing long enough to make a career out of any of them. I just enjoy reading up on them for my own interest. Are you interested in Anthropology? 

Home design is fun! My last project was our kitchen but I hit a period of burnout before finishing it so it's still waiting for me. It was excellent fun when the girls were all small, you can really go to town on children's bedrooms with the most unlikely ideas and designs (used skateboards as shelves once) and really have fun with it! I can lose myself in a project like that and love painting, designing, and seeing it all come together but I avoid wallpapering and sanding - those are just a chore. 

I don't know much at all about computer games, my eldest daughters weren't into them and the youngest only plays Minecraft and some sort of car-racing game. My own experience of them was as a teenager when my brother had a Spectrum. All I can remember of his games over the years are BombJack and Donkey Kong. I'm sure you're probably too young to remember either!     

• Just another Human. I enjoy cross stitch too, although currebtly learning and moving over to making graditional jointed teddy bears after 17 years plus of cross stitch. 

I also am a gamer, althoigh havr no loyalty to a console or pc in particular. Currently playing through the Gears of War xbox series on co-op with my husband :) I find they challenge my processing skills in a positive way in a safe environment.

Endymion. I also find human behavioir fascinating. I took two degrees in Archaeology and am currently working as a curator of archaeological material. I feel very lucky to be able to work within my special interest area although I would like to go self employed at some point.

• They projects do sound incredibly fun in all honesty. 
    We never made Halloween costumes so you gave them a lovely extra to remember from their childhoods :) 

The poor kitty - must've had trouble showing its face in the neighbourhood after the bikini incident ;) lol 

Cloudy Mountains - I'm glad you approve of the choice in games :lol:

• Hello! I see you mentioned Bombjack, I totally welcome you! 

• I do / did enjoy arts and crafts but haven't really done any since the girls outgrew it (or just outgrew doing projects with Mum) we used to make pop-up and '3D' Thank You cards after Xmas, at Easter etc and make summer project folders with all sorts of artwork detailing how they spent their summer holidays from school. Those were fun, still are fun to look back on!

I think the last time I did anything like that was helping my youngest daughter (13) make things for a couple of school projects earlier this year - a battering ram for history and an aged scroll. We used to make elaborate Halloween costumes too, those were excellent! Last year was the first year I didn't actually.

When the girls were very small I made clothing (usually to match their own) for various teddy bears (school uniforms and things like tiny Nike trainers, lol). Some clothing for cats too - you haven't lived until you've seen a cat running down the street in a bikini, trust me! Those poor animals probably died of embarrassment as much as old age.   

• I do / did enjoy arts and crafts but haven't really done any since the girls outgrew it (or just outgrew doing projects with Mum) we used to make pop-up and '3D' Thank You cards after Xmas, at Easter etc and make summer project folders with all sorts of artwork detailing how they spent their summer holidays from school. Those were fun, still are fun to look back on!

I think the last time I did anything like that was helping my youngest daughter (13) make things for a couple of school projects earlier this year - a battering ram for history and an aged scroll. We used to make elaborate Halloween costumes too, those were excellent! Last year was the first year I didn't actually.

When the girls were very small I made clothing (usually to match their own) for various teddy bears (school uniforms and things like tiny Nike trainers, lol). Some clothing for cats too - you haven't lived until you've seen a cat running down the street in a bikini, trust me! Those poor animals probably died of embarrassment as much as old age.   

Children
  • They projects do sound incredibly fun in all honesty. 
    We never made Halloween costumes so you gave them a lovely extra to remember from their childhoods :) 

The poor kitty - must've had trouble showing its face in the neighbourhood after the bikini incident ;) lol 

Cloudy Mountains - I'm glad you approve of the choice in games :lol: