Has Google just announced for tool for Autistic's phone?

You better watch the video, I am amazed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-44045424

Parents
  • To me, this is perfection. I take days to build myself up to every call and still often can't go through with them .

Yesterday, as a UK resident with access to the NHS, I resorted to private healthcare for the first time and paid for the privilege just because the phone system to book a GP appointment has become so inaccessible for me.

Now, if only it can find a way past security questions for calls to companies I have accounts with. At the moment, my husband makes these for me but they still have to ask me questions to confirm my identity.

• You can now book appointments for most NHS GPs via the internet so you may be able to do this at your practice. You simply need to fill in a form and return it to your GPs surgery to obtain your username and password. Someone else can pick up the form for you if you feel unable to and you have this support.

• You can now book appointments for most NHS GPs via the internet so you may be able to do this at your practice. You simply need to fill in a form and return it to your GPs surgery to obtain your username and password. Someone else can pick up the form for you if you feel unable to and you have this support.

Children
  • Could you possibly write a letter to them about the matter and request that they respond to you in writing? It may seem a bit formal, but it would avoid the confrontation with the receptionists and you could cite your difficulties in communicating verbally by way of an explanation for the letter. 

Also, if the receptionists are that bad then you could address the letter to your practice manager instead.

• Unfortunately this hasn't worked for me. I believe they have old details on record, so it won't let me access it, and I would need to speak to them to update these details. But I'm never able, when I'm at the GP, to remember to do this, and can't bring myself to go in separately to sort it out. The receptionists, two women, are rude and patronising and so I have never managed to build myself up to the process of changing my details, then all of the steps that will follow. 

I believe the issue is that they have the wrong email address for me. I think everything else is accurate, but without updating it I cannot get access.