Blocking threads from someone?

Is it possible to block threads from one person so that you don't see them? 

I find posts from one person offensive, it's just me I think, but I would rather not be upset by them.

I don't read them once I have worked out it is them but wondered if I could just not see them?

Parents
No Data
  • Anyway, maybe becoming an individual with a name instead of a number is a way of showing respect to oneself?

Gulp, I’m not doing very well there then!

To be perfectly honest, I hadn’t changed my number as I had no idea what to change it to and I hoped my avatar would be enough to help others identify me. Also, I’m quite good at recognising numbers in threads, so it makes little difference to me whether number or name, but now I’m rethinking my position on this one...

Children
  • Sorry, think it came out more judgemental than intented, sorry about that. I meant this self-respect thing more in a way of adding anything individual to what a machine has decided to call us. A written name makes it easier to address someone, but otherwise a picture does the same job, I guess. If someone feels it fits just perfectly how the user name generator named them then that's fine really, but otherwise maybe it's part of a more general thing of not simply accepting every label we are given but tweaking it in a way that it does actually reflect some aspect of us. 

Anyway, somehow that's one of the slightly weird things about this forum. Until a while ago you had to choose a name to create an account but then you could only choose from a small set of pictures to use as avatar. I found that even more confusing because seeing the same picture I kept immediately assuming comments came from the same person when they actually didn't. Now it's possible to use a own picture but now there's that strange number thing. Never seen this anywhere else, perhaps I've just not seen enough different forums though. 

• You have a picture and that is good enough for me. It means I can see you just as I would a name. But I can't see you properly as I don't have a name for your picture, I see you and know it's ok but I can't process in an instant that NAS36609 an autism tree with a cool Orwell quote is posting which I can for instance when endymion posts. BUT please don't change it if you are happier as you are. 

I am not a number.