Loneliness

For me, loneliness varies widely.

I can be totally alone at home all day.  Not speaking to anyone.  Yet not feel lonely.

At other times I'm surrounded by people, all communicating, but I feel completely alone and very very lonely.

School was a loneliness nightmare.  Children all around me.  But I was totally alone year after year 

Yesterday I felt almost ok.  Heard a sad song on the radio and suddenly the loneliness hit me.

Parents
  • Yes I feel lonely too, usually in the evenings, after a days work as well as low moods which come and go like clouds, still I know these feelings pass but I don't like them.  In the past I have had moderate depression and am hoping that depression does not come back, that was eighteen years before the diagnosis.  I am now slowly coming off the latest anti-depressants after being on paroxotine for many years, I hated Sertraline, gave me stomach ache, I would rather face loneliness.

• Yes I feel lonely too, usually in the evenings, after a days work as well as low moods which come and go like clouds, still I know these feelings pass but I don't like them.  In the past I have had moderate depression and am hoping that depression does not come back, that was eighteen years before the diagnosis.  I am now slowly coming off the latest anti-depressants after being on paroxotine for many years, I hated Sertraline, gave me stomach ache, I would rather face loneliness.

Children