Loneliness

For me, loneliness varies widely.

I can be totally alone at home all day.  Not speaking to anyone.  Yet not feel lonely.

At other times I'm surrounded by people, all communicating, but I feel completely alone and very very lonely.

School was a loneliness nightmare.  Children all around me.  But I was totally alone year after year 

Yesterday I felt almost ok.  Heard a sad song on the radio and suddenly the loneliness hit me.

Parents
  • I know what you mean. I have to avoid listening to music sometimes because i can't cope with the emotions it creates. I suppose i don't mind being on my own as such but it's when people deliberately exclude you that it can be upsetting (such as school or work).

• I know what you mean. I have to avoid listening to music sometimes because i can't cope with the emotions it creates. I suppose i don't mind being on my own as such but it's when people deliberately exclude you that it can be upsetting (such as school or work).

Children
  • I listen to music BECAUSE of the emotion it creates.  It helps at the end of the day.  a self induced Cathartic experience -

"Catharsis (from Greek κάθαρσις katharsis meaning "purification" or "cleansing") is the purification and purgation of emotions—particularly pity and fear—through art or any extreme change in emotion that results in renewal and restoration.

• Yes my family was aspiring too.

Actually one person I knew had something very interesting to say about trust. She thought it was best to trust most people you know a little, in the areas where they are most likely to be trusted and not trusted. I think there was some sense in that