Pet photos

Where I live, I constantly see  people taking their  dogs walking.  Today I saw a new experience.

Parents
  • Did somebody say pet photos? :P
    We have a bit of a menagerie- one cat (silver/cream patched tabby, my other half's)

Two rabbits (dwarf lops, mine)

A royal python (pastel, mine)

And the latest addition- baby San Luis Potosi kingsnake (mine)

Re. original photo, I wouldn't walk a cat on a collar lead- they could wriggle out of it in a nanosecond (or choke themselves panicking at something and trying to escape). Harnesses all the way. O_o

When I lived with my parents our 3 cats used to come walking with me on the field behind our house, but they came of their own accord so we didn't have any kind of leash for them. I had the old boy on a leash for a few trips but he didn't enjoy the walk as much and I stopped after a while- he was too decrepit to be safe coming along without one.

He was essentially blind- partly cataracts, partly a head injury he sustained before we got him (we rescued him off the street near our house, we think he'd been hit deliberately from the nature of the injury and his behaviour around humans carrying objects) and also had dementia so he'd often get lost and forget where he was- he even did it in the house. Used to go behind the sofa then forget how to get out and just meow until someone rescued him. Quite happy most of the time though, loved playing with toys more than the young pair and he could distinguish light and dark so he'd sit for ages in front of anything that glowed (the electric fire, the electric iron) and purr at it. Slight smile We gave him a good few years' retirement he wouldn't have had.

• Kingsnake pic didn't take- try again!

Reply Children
  • I just don't understand how so many people think they're scary

Some people are scared of Cats. Some are scared of Dogs. Some are scared of Sharks, or Spiders, or Birds, or Fish, or Snakes, or Lizards, or...

...Hopefully you get what I mean, there? It is just the way of this Current Society, and I myself respect that.

If it can move, and is unpredictable, then it can hurt you, just like humans can (!).. If it has a mouth, then that means biting, and/or Poisoning. (That little fellow upon your hand, for instance, may have decided to eat you whole at any moment, you never know, and that is a very scary thought...!)

That is my own explanation for such Phobias, anyway. Sorry if the humour was inappropriate, yet the facts are true.   ...!    ;-)

• Haha, you're welcome XD I love my snakes so much. They are really calming to be around and make excellent and very low maintenance pets (get the enclosure perfect re. temperatures and humidity and feed once a week, you're set!). 

Also they live a long time (ball pythons can reach their 40s), don't smell or make loud noises, are incapable of damaging your furniture and give you pretty cast-off skins once a month or so that can be used in a variety of arts and crafts projects.

Objectively the best pets.

I just don't understand how so many people think they're scary. :P

• Greetings to Emma...

A bonus for this Thread, is how I see this --- pictures of Pet Snakes! Cuuute, sinuey, strong, always looking so curious, alert, and determined... and cuuuute! Thank You from myself at least, for Posting somethings which are rather less usual...!       :-D      :-)