Disappearing Messages/Posts, 2018. (EDIT.)

Note by WebPM: I have split this off from the photography thread partly to make this discussion more accessible to others who have questions, and partly to keep the other thread on topic.)

...Finally, this is to WebPM. I may Post again, though. But after 3, 4 attempts to find WebPMs Post, I could not, and then I recall a thing said by MrRobert123, in that Replies Change depending upon how a Thread is entered, and so I clicked upon the Thread TITLE, instead of any reply (from the HOME Screen... and now I finally see your Reply, Mr.WebPM.

(I wanted to keep this Thread about Pictures, but then that happens, and so I Post it here, as it happened, rather than my previous Thread. Excuse Me.)

EDIT - From DC: This Post now does not entirely make sense, when used  as a Starting Post or as an Introduction. To anyone reading, Please ignore the sentence here which says that this Thread is "about pictures", for THIS Thread is not about pictures at all..!! Most of all, Please see the first *Real* Post from myself, below. I myself can only wait to see what other people (including NAS) do regarding this Thread...

Parents
  • Just to say that, after some discussions with the software producers, I have changed some settings a little. This will not change the way that the forum works, but it may make some issues here less obvious. First, we are now showing more messages by default (before things such as Load Next kick in). This will increase the likelihood of full threads loading, and tend to mean that sub-threads are not hidden so much (the hiding of "sibling" messages discussed elsewhere in this thread). The trade-off is that page loads may be a bit slower.

I have also increased the level of indentation allowed, again with the intention that it will be easier to see the correct place of a message in a thread.

The next version of the software is also aiming to make some small improvements in this area, but I don't have a date for when that will be available to us.

• Thank You for this response, of course. This Thread is becoming long and complex (Bah.)... and I seriously consider starting a new one over it, but as you say, again, we must "wait"...

The changes made I think are STILL not what Myself or others are talking about!! We press all of the LoadNext/Previous options, but the reply is still missing! Here is as you say:

WebPM said:

"I'm chasing this up. However, I still believe that this is about threads being displayed with messages in different orders, as I set out in my previous (lengthy) response. I've seen your suggestion that I can see messages because I'm using an administrator account, but I don't believe that that is the difference."

(... Sorry I cannot quote directly, it is too difficult, now.)

But what I try to say - what WE try to say - is that, no matter what... a Message --- IS JUST NOT THERE.

.As I posted Pictures... following Mr.Robert123's suggestion, upon entering via the Title... then the once-missing message IS there.

But it is NOT there after a Link, even after Loading everything. Most of the Pictures I Posted to show missing Replies, were after clicking ALL Load-Buttons to show that the Reply was missing. 

I say what I say, because it is so difficult to do. And of course I can only Screenshot a small section of a Thread - I cannot ScreenShot anymore than can fit! But over and over I say that Messages are "missing" even if all LoadNextPrevious things are pressed!

I really cannot emphasize it more than that. Messages are missing even after all LoadNextPrevious Buttons are pressed.

• I feel flattered at being quoted.

A temporary solution to the disappearing message problem is to start a new thread.  Because messages disappear after threads become too long with several layers of nesting.

Reply Children
  • I feel flattered at being quoted.

...And rightly so, Sir. I recall that you first suggested that, somewhere upon the "Comments, Improvements, Feedback" Thread which NAS began. I would have to search for a long time to re-find it and Post direct Link to it. But it is what I recall.

The rest of what you say I found out for myself. But you mentioned entering Threads in different ways. Then other people quote that and the original quoter is often not known. That is why I mention you and Thank You again. I cannot really say more than that.

...Good Fortune, as always to you!   :-)