Soap - Autism Diagnoses

First this is just little bit of fun. Now that look at those TV Soap's (I dont watch them, honest) .

You are now the head script writer. You haven been told that can not have new character in the show and must use one that already in the show. You have to make someone be viewed as someone who has autism. Basicly to show them to point needing a diagnoses and stuff that happends with them afterwards.

Who do you choise? Any why?

Parents
  • 'The Big Bang Theory' would be an obvious choice of show as the Sheldon character shows many of the characteristics of Asperger's and this show / his character could finally NAME Asperger's or autism! There would be little need to alter the show's premise much other than that.

I don't know any characters from soaps. It might be good if programme makers did include a bit more diversity but I don't really feel in a position to judge soaps on that as I haven't, in fairness, watched them enough to have given them a chance to prove their diversity or otherwise.

I don't like soaps based on my experience of those I watched about 20 years ago and, assuming they haven't changed much in that time, I would worry that if they included a character like myself the poor woman would be left in a catatonic state of exhaustion after less than a year on the show: 

MONTH 1 - neighbour dispute over parking our removal van escalates to violence in a public place and the start of a campaign of broken windows and verbal insults whenever the families meet + I contact my GP to say that I have moved house and am informed that my request for a diagnostic assessment has been accepted and an appointment date will follow.

MONTH 2 - teenage daughter begins dating local drug dealer + dog is run over by same neighbours as above + the heating system clangs constantly and I cannot relax in the house or sleep

MONTH 3- husband runs off with local mechanic + cat is poisoned, I am very upset at the loss of the cat + the house is overrun by workmen and strangers every day this month fitting a new heating system 

MONTH 4 - daughter marries local drug dealer who turns out to be the son of the neighbours mentioned above + the new heating system begins making noises every night but every workman tells me I'm imagining the noises.

MONTH 5 - daughters new husband is arrested and his family break into my house in the middle of the night to attack me as they suspect I phoned the police + daughter moves in with her husbands family + in desperation to get some sleep I attempt to fix the heating system myself 

MONTH 6 -  husband and mechanic return to inform me that mechanic is my long lost father thought to have died 30 years before, I run out of the house overwhelmed by this revelation and reach the end of the street when the house blows up in a sudden gas explosion. I am arrested on suspicion of murder as the perpetrator of this gas leak when it is discovered that i tampered with the heating system. 

MONTH 12 - ...  my appointment for my diagnostic assessment is delivered to the blackened shell where my house once stood.

• 'The Big Bang Theory' would be an obvious choice of show as the Sheldon character shows many of the characteristics of Asperger's and this show / his character could finally NAME Asperger's or autism! There would be little need to alter the show's premise much other than that.

I don't know any characters from soaps. It might be good if programme makers did include a bit more diversity but I don't really feel in a position to judge soaps on that as I haven't, in fairness, watched them enough to have given them a chance to prove their diversity or otherwise.

I don't like soaps based on my experience of those I watched about 20 years ago and, assuming they haven't changed much in that time, I would worry that if they included a character like myself the poor woman would be left in a catatonic state of exhaustion after less than a year on the show: 

MONTH 1 - neighbour dispute over parking our removal van escalates to violence in a public place and the start of a campaign of broken windows and verbal insults whenever the families meet + I contact my GP to say that I have moved house and am informed that my request for a diagnostic assessment has been accepted and an appointment date will follow.

MONTH 2 - teenage daughter begins dating local drug dealer + dog is run over by same neighbours as above + the heating system clangs constantly and I cannot relax in the house or sleep

MONTH 3- husband runs off with local mechanic + cat is poisoned, I am very upset at the loss of the cat + the house is overrun by workmen and strangers every day this month fitting a new heating system 

MONTH 4 - daughter marries local drug dealer who turns out to be the son of the neighbours mentioned above + the new heating system begins making noises every night but every workman tells me I'm imagining the noises.

MONTH 5 - daughters new husband is arrested and his family break into my house in the middle of the night to attack me as they suspect I phoned the police + daughter moves in with her husbands family + in desperation to get some sleep I attempt to fix the heating system myself 

MONTH 6 -  husband and mechanic return to inform me that mechanic is my long lost father thought to have died 30 years before, I run out of the house overwhelmed by this revelation and reach the end of the street when the house blows up in a sudden gas explosion. I am arrested on suspicion of murder as the perpetrator of this gas leak when it is discovered that i tampered with the heating system. 

MONTH 12 - ...  my appointment for my diagnostic assessment is delivered to the blackened shell where my house once stood.

Children
No Data