A complaint free world

Has anybody taken the complaint free challenge? 

The challenge is, to get to 30 day’s straight of not complaining. You have a wrist band and start with it on one wrist and every time you catch yourself complaining, you switch the band to the opposite wrist until you have had it on the same wrist for 30 days. 

It can be fun to do it with other people but the thing about that is, if you notice the other person complaining, and they don’t notice, if you tell them, you have to switch your band as well! Lol! I’ve been in that dilemma a few times lol! 

Like the Four Agreements though, if you implement the suggestions in the book, it’s a game changer and can lead you to eternal happiness with some fun along the way. 

For those who don’t already know, what do you think the average length of time is for people to make it to 30 days straight? 

Parents
  • Hello to everyone reading this Blush

Well, this post certainly turned ugly pretty quickly!

I apologise for that and I take full responsibility for it. I’m really grateful to all who made comments and contributed to the discussions, they were super helpful for me. I did some work around it all last night and was able to see how beneficial the comments were for me so I thank you all for your contributions, I very much appreciate them.

I apologise for the unkind and crazy things I said. I take full responsibility for them and I’m very sorry, I’m certainly not proud of some of the crazy things I said and I take them all back.

I realised also, that people were commenting on this thread without having read the book, therefore, we were at cross purposes before we even started. I’m not using that as an excuse for my bad behaviour but to throw some clarity on how it got out of hand so quickly. As was pointed out by Trainspotter and a couple of other people, we had different understandings of what a complaint is. Without reading the book, you wouldn’t understand where I was coming from so I apologise for the confusion, I can see now where that started.

I know many of you are not interested in this book, which is of course (goes without saying) perfectly ok, but for those who are and for those who private messaged me about it, here’s the video I promised that goes a little way to explain a little bit more about the book.

I don’t really like Will (the author) but he’s a really great guy and I absolutely love his work and his dedication to helping others end the suffering in their lives. I met him when we were both in Bali at the same time a couple of years ago. I was already familiar with his work, I had already completed the challenge (which is 21 days, not 30 as I previously stated), so when I heard he was in town I went along to meet him and we began working together to bring the method to the social services department I had been working for in the U.K. Will was great, we collaborated with the chief executive of the social services department and he was so supportive. He is happy and eager to work with people, particularly organisations, schools etc, to end suffering, so if you would like to implement it in your school, business or whatever, don’t be afraid to contact Will, he’s very keen to help people, he’s super supportive and all work can be done over Skype.

This video was done a few years ago and I haven’t watched it for a while but it gives you the gist of what the book/method is all about and what it can achieve for you if you put the method into practice. If you have any questions, just message me if you don’t want to put them on the thread.

Once again, I am very sorry for the unpleasant and downright ugly comments I made to people.

https://youtu.be/AYHP0VzYKQU

• I don't think you need to apologise.

Misunderstandings are often the cause of grief, and adding being autistic with its well known bluntness into the mix and sometimes things do get out of hand.

I know I upset people frequently with my candid offerings and although I try to curb them in this forum, sometimes I can't help myself.

I haven't read the book, but didn't realise this was the fundamental part of this topic,so I will try in future to "NAFOFF" ( Never Assume, Find Out Facts FirstFirst)

And on that note, I will leave this thread to others ...bur only this thread and topic!

• I don't think you need to apologise.

Misunderstandings are often the cause of grief, and adding being autistic with its well known bluntness into the mix and sometimes things do get out of hand.

I know I upset people frequently with my candid offerings and although I try to curb them in this forum, sometimes I can't help myself.

I haven't read the book, but didn't realise this was the fundamental part of this topic,so I will try in future to "NAFOFF" ( Never Assume, Find Out Facts FirstFirst)

And on that note, I will leave this thread to others ...bur only this thread and topic!

Children
  • Lol thanks Trainspotter ~ that made me giggle ~ ‘NAFOFF’ ~  that’s a good one to remember. And to remember as well that bluntness is not always the most effective form of communication!

Thank you for your understanding. I’ve done some inner work around it but I appreciate as well that part of it, is simply being autistic. Not as an excuse, but as a way to learn from it and intend to do better next time :-) 

But we do our best and we’re learning as we go. This little heated discussion has taught me a lot. I’m just wondering now what it would be like with us all in one room! Lol! Like the suggestion of us having a full on aspie meet up/Christmas together. I’m not so sure it would be such a good idea ThinkingJoy maybe we need to learn to get on a bit better on here first :-) Have a great week.