Explaining foul language to my son

My son has attended a private school since kindergarten, he is currently in the 4th grade. We have had a problem the last two years with a child in his class saying inappropriate and derogatory words. The school will do nothing about it even though they are a Christian school. We do not speak any foul language in our home. I struggle with explaining things to him in a way he can understand and process. If anyone can give me some tips on how to explain these things to him I would graciously appreciate it! Thank you!

• Endymion's Post there, is brilliant advice. I can only Post a great support to all of it. Please heed all of that, "Momma2018"... and also note that only some children do not grow out of it, just as Endymion says.

• I explained these things to my children in the same way that I explained 'slang' terms, regional and foreign accents / terms, and abbreviations: some people say this or that or the other, but we don't. 

"Why?" sometimes followed and I generally explained that the words were: inaccurate, open to misinterpretation, derogatory, silly, or that they made the user sound inarticulate / unable to 'use their words' and find something more mature / better suited, or simply that the words didn't make sense used out of context such as speaking German in a French class. 

It can sometimes, at certain ages and stages, be the case that young children find the use of certain words / terms attractive purely because they invite a reaction. Depending upon the word / situation it can be a strategic move to give no reaction at all. They soon grow bored that way and, hopefully, grow out of it.