National Key Scheme for toilets.

I have had a 'Radar' National Key Scheme key for some time.

I find public toilets impossible, they are smelly and unhygeinic with wet (urine) soaked floors, rudimentary handwashing facilities, and only slightly better than wetting myself. I will only use one when absolutely desperate.   I therefore thought that as I was Autistic I would get a key so I could use the 'disabled' toilet.

Problem is, I cannot bring myself to use it.  I do not have a wheelchair or have physical problems using a 'normal' toilet.  The problems I have are a mental aversion.  On the odd occasion I have used the 'disabled' toilet (what a strange name, it is not the toilet that is disabled, it works perfectly!) it is because the normal one is out of use.  And it has always been a lot cleaner and more pleasant.

So should I just grit my teeth and bear the normal toilets?  Or should I ignore the (perceived) thoughts of those who think I should not use the disabled toilet.  Or is it the case I should not use the disabled toilet at all as they are only intended for those who are physically disabled?

Parents
  • The regulars on this site know me as the guy who photographs everything.

Including public toilets Grin

I came across these disgusting ones on my travels.

• Off topic but ...as I started the topic I can go off-topic if I want .....!

Procrastinator wrote:

"In the old days, I accepted my photo's got lost if I didn't do something about it, but now as it happens automatically I can't bring myself to actually delete them, and the next I-cloud back up is very expensive. Have you got a system?"

I upload all my pictures to Flickr.  You can set it to upload automatically when you take them if you like  You can tag them, make them visible to everyone or just to friends or family, or keep them for your private viewing only.  It is free and you get a terabyte of storage (which is an awful lot, it would take half a million pictures to fill it up ... and if you did you could just open another account keeping your original one as well.  There is an app you can use or you can just go to the link below.  It will also automatically sort your pictures into categories - animals, insects, architecture, etc.

www.flickr.com

Some of my pictures (not of toilets!) you can see here:

My flickr pictures

• hoooooooly Moses (I have never used that expression before, but there is a first for everything!) 

Wow! I looooveee (if I had mathematical symbols on my keyboard I would put 99 in superscript to the love) your pictures. I only got through the first two pages and I realise I am quite happy just staring at one picture for quite a long time. I wish I could show my uncle. How cool is that! 

I don't have a yahoo account. But I feel inclined to subscribe.

Thank you so much also for this great tip of using flickr. It is a bit embarrassing because really my photo's are a lot of junk. It is a bit like clearing my inbox and my house (the latter has gotten a lot better since my diagnosis).

I'm curious about the people I presume to be blackfaced Morris dansers. Was that a chance sighting, or do you know the scene? I am curious about the link with Moresca dancing. But I heard people say these English Morris dancers painted their faces so the Lord of the manor wouldn't recognise them?

I might take one artistic photo every once in a while just by luck. If I don't check myself I compulsively take pictures of pigeons and I also love overhead tram wiring, train cables, tram tracks, train undercarriages (only sideways ;-) ), water, scaffolding, ducks, metal work and especially the little stone posts at the sides of old garages intended to protect the wheels of carriages!

Thanks for putting a happy smile to my face, which appeared when I saw the engines appear! By the way, the colour filter you use reminds me of those colour photographs taken at the beginning of the 20th century in Russia: Old Russian Colour Photography I might be imagining things, as I have a dodgy visual memory.

• hoooooooly Moses (I have never used that expression before, but there is a first for everything!) 

Wow! I looooveee (if I had mathematical symbols on my keyboard I would put 99 in superscript to the love) your pictures. I only got through the first two pages and I realise I am quite happy just staring at one picture for quite a long time. I wish I could show my uncle. How cool is that! 

I don't have a yahoo account. But I feel inclined to subscribe.

Thank you so much also for this great tip of using flickr. It is a bit embarrassing because really my photo's are a lot of junk. It is a bit like clearing my inbox and my house (the latter has gotten a lot better since my diagnosis).

I'm curious about the people I presume to be blackfaced Morris dansers. Was that a chance sighting, or do you know the scene? I am curious about the link with Moresca dancing. But I heard people say these English Morris dancers painted their faces so the Lord of the manor wouldn't recognise them?

I might take one artistic photo every once in a while just by luck. If I don't check myself I compulsively take pictures of pigeons and I also love overhead tram wiring, train cables, tram tracks, train undercarriages (only sideways ;-) ), water, scaffolding, ducks, metal work and especially the little stone posts at the sides of old garages intended to protect the wheels of carriages!

Thanks for putting a happy smile to my face, which appeared when I saw the engines appear! By the way, the colour filter you use reminds me of those colour photographs taken at the beginning of the 20th century in Russia: Old Russian Colour Photography I might be imagining things, as I have a dodgy visual memory.

Children