Well I just failed at life again!

I had a doctors appointment this morning. I’ve been needing to see my doctor for weeks and so I made the effort to walk all the way there despite the heavy snowfall. However, upon arrival I saw that there were people digging around cars in the car park, bollards across the road and GPs still trying to make their way in.

This was far too much for my anxiety levels as I find seeing the doctor hard enough as is - I will only see one trusted GP, and even then if I have to speak to someone to book in or there are any unexpected changes I’m doomed... - and so I walked straight past and all the way home, missing my appointment and no doubt gaining a ‘did not attend’ on my notes. Joy. I really hate myself when I find the simplest of things in life so hard, and I end up looking like an impolite person because of it. Anyone else have similar problems?

Parents
  • Hi ,

I'm sorry to hear about the situation that you had to go through yesterday. If you're feeling like you'd like to talk to someone about what happened or about another topic then you may wish to make use of our helpline. You can call the helpline team on 0808 800 4104 (Monday to Thursday 10am to 4pm, Friday 9am to 3pm). Please note that the Helpline is experiencing a high volume of calls and it may take a couple of attempts before you get through to speak to an advisor.

Please see the following link for further information:

http://www.autism.org.uk/services/helplines/main.aspx

Best wishes,

Nellie-Mod

• Hi ,

I'm sorry to hear about the situation that you had to go through yesterday. If you're feeling like you'd like to talk to someone about what happened or about another topic then you may wish to make use of our helpline. You can call the helpline team on 0808 800 4104 (Monday to Thursday 10am to 4pm, Friday 9am to 3pm). Please note that the Helpline is experiencing a high volume of calls and it may take a couple of attempts before you get through to speak to an advisor.

Please see the following link for further information:

http://www.autism.org.uk/services/helplines/main.aspx

Best wishes,

Nellie-Mod

Children