supernatural interest

So i like lots of things but one of my growing interest is scary kind of things mostly like FNAF or creepypasta and things like that but this interest worry's my parents and i was wondering if it's bad to like scary things as a interest?

• For example, I’ve revently been through a phase of watching black and white movies, day in day out, since before Christmas up until just recently. I didn’t realise at the time, but it was fulfilling a need within me to rest my mind. My mind was working like crazy, I wasn’t getting any sleep, it was like my life was dangling between bed time and getting up time. I was so overwhelmed with any slight change that I honestly couldn’t bear the change between night and day and visa versa. In the end I just watched loads of these movies. I don’t have a tv and I generally don’t watch movies. They usually go on for too long, I don’t get the plot, I can’t follow the story lines and I don’t recognise one person from another. But with black and white movies, they all look the same anyway, they don’t go on for ages, you don’t have to follow the story because they’re just sweet little family/love stories that are feel good and always have a happy ending, so they don’t take any brain power to watch. What I realised after I had finished that phase, is that they met my need to give my mind a rest. While I was watching the films, I wasn’t thinking all this s**t and I was feeling good, so not only did my mind get a rest, but it was also being filled with lots of lovely stuff. Those old movies, especially the pre code ones, sure did express some deeply good morals and values etc. 

So what I meant was, that if you’re enjoying playing the games or whatever they are, they are meeting some need within you. Either to rest your mind or stimulate it or whatever. It’s a kind of therapy in many ways. Watching the movies distracted me from my over active mind, and gave me a break and now I’m feeling so much more rested. 

• also BlueRay what do you mean by "it seems to be fulfilling a need within you"?

• Five nights at Freddy's isn't necessary violent because there are jump scares but it is mostly the plot that might get messy but the game it's self is not really violent because nothing too violent is shown as far as I know but creepypastas are the violent ones.

• I can't think of any reason why it would be bad to like scary things.  Horror films, horror stories, folk tales, ghosts, monsters... people have liked scary stuff for a long time. 

• Oh. Thanks. I’m laying off google because I have spent my previous 50 years with my head in a dictionary and then google, trying to figure out what words mean, only to forget several minutes later. This is exhausting so I have ceased with this activity and instead, I have switched to simply asking people what they mean. This means that I’m asking that a lot of the time, but hey, I’m cool with that. By the way, did you say your relative was a narcissist? Because what you described, her freaking out on you in public, about the health food store, is more like my behaviour and completely unlike narcissistic behaviour. Narcissists are laser focussed on their reputation and would rarely lose it that way in public. They exert their power and authority in much less obvious ways. 

As for violent games, apparently, many people on the spectrum have a tendency towards such things. I did, but in real life and my stomach couldn’t stomach it and now I can’t bare any kind of violence although I know I still have a slight tendency in me towards this kind of thing. So I don’t think it’s anything to worry about but it might be a good idea to explore other (less violent) ways to get enjoyment and slowly but surely, move over to a less violent outlet. For now, it seems to be fulfilling a need within you. You could explore that, but it seems to be a fairly typical aspie trait. 

• In these situations, Google is your friend.  FNAF is five nights at Freddy's.  A violent video game.

• I have no idea what FNAF or creepypasta is?!?!?