Changing clothes- can anyone identify with this ?

Can anyone identify with this? Clothes: I change my socks and underpants every day and my t shirt and trousers every 3 days. Today I noticed my trousers were marked after 2 days so put them in the washing bin. My t shirt wasn't messy but because I didn't want to get out of sync with changing my tshirt and trousers I put that in the washing bin as well. The idea of getting out of sync with my clothes makes me feel uncomfortable.

Parents
  • When discussing frequency of clothes changing we can end up in very deep quicksand very quickly.

I like to think that I am sensible with no obsessive clothes changing behaviour.

Every day change underpants.

Change socks, shirts etc after i bathe, two or three times a week.

Change trousers once a week.

Change other clothes when they get dirty or have food spillage etc.

But I have known people with severe resistance to changing clothes.  Wearing same underpants for over a week, same trousers every day for three months or more.  Same jacket for year or two (every day.  The smell is. Nauseated face

• That (week old underwear) sounds quite disgusting I'm afraid. I'd rather go commando than that!  

Reply Children
  • What is really disgusting is one person ( who is no longer with us!) Kept same underwear for 6 days. Bathed only on Saturday nights and put fresh clothes on for Sunday and church. Then Sunday night wanted his old dirty clothes back for Monday.  And started arguing when fresh clean clothes were given to him.