PROBLEMS WITH THIS (NAS) FORUM - February 2018

I accept that this may be a "Bad" Topic, yet it needs to be highlighted, surely where "NAS" can *not* avoid seeing it, surely...

Current Problems with this Forum:
- Posts Disappear and Reappear at Random.
- Notifications are not always received (apparently).
- Editing Posts - *after* they have been replied to.
- Things such as "Groups" or "BlogPosts" or "Questions"... seem to have no meaning, and so they cannot be applied...?
(Anyone reading, you may currently check your own "Profile" to confirm this. Click upon your own "Achievements", and then upon "List of Possible Achievements".)
- ... There is a great list of "Achievements". Again, many of these have no defined meaning and so are un-achievable. (Linked to "Questions", "BlogPosts", "Ideas", "Status"...?)
- Assigning "Tags" to a New Thread seems to change constantly, and has neither Logical Order nor Meaning.

Here is the "Main" Thread, at which Comments directly to NAS are supposed to be Posted... yet much of it is completely ignored by NAS; It is only responded to by "WebPM", but for whom NAS would not have this "Forum" in the first place, I would wager...
community.autism.org.uk/.../online-community---comments-improvements-and-feedback

Parents
  • My understanding is that the various issues are being looked at and being worked on as and when possible. I believe we have to be patient as well as accept that, unfortunately, not all issues will be resolved (for whatever reasons, including there being no clear preference expressed by the users).

Editing Posts - *after* they have been replied to.

I like being able to edit posts even after replies have been posted. I use such functionality to correct mistakes such as incorrect spelling and missing words. I cannot knowingly leave such mistakes as they gnaw at me. I can also see that some people may wish to reword a post with a reply because, for example, their message is unclear or too strongly worded. Whilst the former could be remedied with a further post, a user may not wish the latter to remain on the forum.

We have to trust that people make such edits for the right reasons.

• My understanding is that the various issues are being looked at and being worked on as and when possible. I believe we have to be patient as well as accept that, unfortunately, not all issues will be resolved (for whatever reasons, including there being no clear preference expressed by the users).

Editing Posts - *after* they have been replied to.

I like being able to edit posts even after replies have been posted. I use such functionality to correct mistakes such as incorrect spelling and missing words. I cannot knowingly leave such mistakes as they gnaw at me. I can also see that some people may wish to reword a post with a reply because, for example, their message is unclear or too strongly worded. Whilst the former could be remedied with a further post, a user may not wish the latter to remain on the forum.

We have to trust that people make such edits for the right reasons.

Children
  • Glad Tidings to "Caretwo". I write this to Thank You and also to Thank California, in Replying to this Thread. 

To yourself, as you may see, it has turned out to be a useful something indeed... "NAS" did not seem to know about Disappearing Posts, Pictures, or Notifications...! This is why I am Posting and Thanking You for your support, despite my own reservations regarding the main subject of your own Post (Editing Replies). I do not mean to ignore you... I am just uncertain, yet reciprocating the Thought/Your Posting. Thanks again.