Ignorant people

Hello I am almost 20 and I really hate it when there is a lot of ignorant people out there in this world like when they say that we should not have or we cannot have some free events and other free things including like food, water and more others for all ages when they should not even say that at all as it is wrong, unfair, makes me more angry, discrimination based on age and also when nobody is ever too old to have everything for free so I just really want for people's bad attitude there to also stop as they should be happy that some things are free and should be for everyone regardless of age and other factors.

Parents
  • I agree with Endymion and Tom in that I don't really understand what you mean.

I'll also say that those things aren't free, food needs to be planted, grown, fertilised, harvested, packaged and distributed. Water needs to be captured, filtered, purified, piped around the country, tested for safety etc. so there is a cost associated with doing that. There is no "free", rather there is "paid for by someone else", if you're saying that you want the state to provide "free" food and water then that means my taxes will have to go up, if you want something that has a cost for free, that means that it has to be paid for by someone else.

There is no such thing as a free lunch, pretty much apart from air and sunlight there isn't free anything, it has to be paid for by someone, even if it's not the person consuming it.

• I agree with Endymion and Tom in that I don't really understand what you mean.

I'll also say that those things aren't free, food needs to be planted, grown, fertilised, harvested, packaged and distributed. Water needs to be captured, filtered, purified, piped around the country, tested for safety etc. so there is a cost associated with doing that. There is no "free", rather there is "paid for by someone else", if you're saying that you want the state to provide "free" food and water then that means my taxes will have to go up, if you want something that has a cost for free, that means that it has to be paid for by someone else.

There is no such thing as a free lunch, pretty much apart from air and sunlight there isn't free anything, it has to be paid for by someone, even if it's not the person consuming it.

Children
  • British society en-masse holds the attitude that free (well, taxpayer funded) schools are a God given right and they don't care how much money is spent on schools - the more the better - whilst rarely questioning whether the state school system is actually good value for money or not.

A similar attitude also holds for prisons. It's a known fact that prison is expensive to the taxpayer but British society en-masse believes that ever penny spent on prisons is a penny well spent.

• Oh sorry everyone I thought you would all might understand what I am saying when I said that certain things in our everyday lives should be free like food, water and shelter as they are essential to life.