Cooking nightmares

Warning. 

This will sound like an insane rant from a rambling drunk  autistic having a nightmare.

It's see strange how  antxieties (spelling ok ?) from the day enter our dreams and turn them into nightmares.  Imp

I am a poor cook and often buy ready made meals to microwave.

Yesterday, instead of buying a  complete meal for one. I decided to buy and cook the components separately.

In a cheap supermarket I saw cut price, cooked chicken slices and cut price sauce which included veg and spices.

I measured, washed and cooked my own rice.  (I hate the overpriced precooked packages of rice which just need microwave).

I read the chicken instructions carefully.  I'm terrified of getting food poisoning again.  It was pre cooked, cooled and packed in a vacuum.  Packaged in UK but sourced from Brazil. Why Brazil? I thought we had enough chickens here in the UK.

My anxiety levels went through the roof.  Is the meat safe am I going to get poisoning Nauseated face

Ate the whole meal and during the night my nightmares started.

I was shopping at two shops or was I running a shop ?  A rival had cheaper bacon because the had a cheaper source.  My shop burnt down or did it explode because of a chemical reaction in the food. INauseated faceot food from the new source, is it clean?  I don't know?  How did the shop explode/burn down? Which town was I in ?   What year is it?  Nauseated faceSmiling impJapanese ogre

Where am I?

Parents
  • Tiny rice cooker for one or two persons: www.amazon.co.uk/.../

If you don't have a way of measuring the right amount of water, there's a little trick to help you:

After you've washed the rice a few times, add enough water so that when you touch the surface of the rice with your thumb, the water level comes about half-way up your thumbnail (you hold your hand with the thumb pointing downwards, like a roman emperor). Then put the rice on to boil, followed by simmering until you can't see any steam escaping (10 to 20 minutes or so). Switch off the heat and leave the rice to sit in the pot for a couple more minutes, so that it steams in the remaining moisture.

• Do you remove your thumb before boiling the rice?!  hahahaaa :-D 

• You know, I did wonder at the time whether I needed to make that explicit Thinking

Reply Children
No Data