Cooking nightmares

Warning. 

This will sound like an insane rant from a rambling drunk  autistic having a nightmare.

It's see strange how  antxieties (spelling ok ?) from the day enter our dreams and turn them into nightmares.  Imp

I am a poor cook and often buy ready made meals to microwave.

Yesterday, instead of buying a  complete meal for one. I decided to buy and cook the components separately.

In a cheap supermarket I saw cut price, cooked chicken slices and cut price sauce which included veg and spices.

I measured, washed and cooked my own rice.  (I hate the overpriced precooked packages of rice which just need microwave).

I read the chicken instructions carefully.  I'm terrified of getting food poisoning again.  It was pre cooked, cooled and packed in a vacuum.  Packaged in UK but sourced from Brazil. Why Brazil? I thought we had enough chickens here in the UK.

My anxiety levels went through the roof.  Is the meat safe am I going to get poisoning Nauseated face

Ate the whole meal and during the night my nightmares started.

I was shopping at two shops or was I running a shop ?  A rival had cheaper bacon because the had a cheaper source.  My shop burnt down or did it explode because of a chemical reaction in the food. INauseated faceot food from the new source, is it clean?  I don't know?  How did the shop explode/burn down? Which town was I in ?   What year is it?  Nauseated faceSmiling impJapanese ogre

Where am I?

Parents
  • Greetings, for 'Tis I, Posting things which are, perhaps not helpful...!

1 - At last, a new Cooking/Cookery Thread. In the Related section, this word has not been in a Title for at least 3 Years...?

2 - I also offer support to a "Raw Food" diet, always. I despise "Cooking" and use the Microwave, because Methane Gas and Iron makes me feel very unwell, and so the Kitchen is my own least favourite place in any House. "If in doubt, Nuke it," is a popular vernacular for Microwaving a food...

3 - I have always wanted to tell this little story to complete strangers, a little life-experience...

As I child, I hated Spinach. It looked like "Snot", smelt like "Snot", sounded, acted, and felt like "Snot", and then finally, it always tasted like "Snot"...
    Then, one day, in my Twenties... I encountered RAW Spinach. I could not believe that it was the same thing! Years later, feeling brave, I took it home, and I ate it raw. The sight was wonderful, the taste was beautifully crisp and light, and I could actually see and smell where it had wilted or had been badly grown, and so I avoided Leaves which looked like that...

Nowadays... I love Spinach. Raw, only. And Cooked Spinach *still* seems like "Snot" to me!

After saying all of that... I might not Post again, for "cooking" is that much of a thing which bores me. Processed food is somewhat distasteful, yet highly difficult to avoid (in London), and so I know as much about Cooking as I do Plumbing (only the basics). I do know a lot about Nutrition, however, as it relates to Scientific Chemistry. Finally, of course, I offer apologies to those who might have been eating Spinach whilst reading this Post... (!)

• Greetings, for 'Tis I, Posting things which are, perhaps not helpful...!

1 - At last, a new Cooking/Cookery Thread. In the Related section, this word has not been in a Title for at least 3 Years...?

2 - I also offer support to a "Raw Food" diet, always. I despise "Cooking" and use the Microwave, because Methane Gas and Iron makes me feel very unwell, and so the Kitchen is my own least favourite place in any House. "If in doubt, Nuke it," is a popular vernacular for Microwaving a food...

3 - I have always wanted to tell this little story to complete strangers, a little life-experience...

As I child, I hated Spinach. It looked like "Snot", smelt like "Snot", sounded, acted, and felt like "Snot", and then finally, it always tasted like "Snot"...
    Then, one day, in my Twenties... I encountered RAW Spinach. I could not believe that it was the same thing! Years later, feeling brave, I took it home, and I ate it raw. The sight was wonderful, the taste was beautifully crisp and light, and I could actually see and smell where it had wilted or had been badly grown, and so I avoided Leaves which looked like that...

Nowadays... I love Spinach. Raw, only. And Cooked Spinach *still* seems like "Snot" to me!

After saying all of that... I might not Post again, for "cooking" is that much of a thing which bores me. Processed food is somewhat distasteful, yet highly difficult to avoid (in London), and so I know as much about Cooking as I do Plumbing (only the basics). I do know a lot about Nutrition, however, as it relates to Scientific Chemistry. Finally, of course, I offer apologies to those who might have been eating Spinach whilst reading this Post... (!)

Children
No Data