Cooking nightmares

Warning. 

This will sound like an insane rant from a rambling drunk  autistic having a nightmare.

It's see strange how  antxieties (spelling ok ?) from the day enter our dreams and turn them into nightmares.  Imp

I am a poor cook and often buy ready made meals to microwave.

Yesterday, instead of buying a  complete meal for one. I decided to buy and cook the components separately.

In a cheap supermarket I saw cut price, cooked chicken slices and cut price sauce which included veg and spices.

I measured, washed and cooked my own rice.  (I hate the overpriced precooked packages of rice which just need microwave).

I read the chicken instructions carefully.  I'm terrified of getting food poisoning again.  It was pre cooked, cooled and packed in a vacuum.  Packaged in UK but sourced from Brazil. Why Brazil? I thought we had enough chickens here in the UK.

My anxiety levels went through the roof.  Is the meat safe am I going to get poisoning Nauseated face

Ate the whole meal and during the night my nightmares started.

I was shopping at two shops or was I running a shop ?  A rival had cheaper bacon because the had a cheaper source.  My shop burnt down or did it explode because of a chemical reaction in the food. INauseated faceot food from the new source, is it clean?  I don't know?  How did the shop explode/burn down? Which town was I in ?   What year is it?  Nauseated faceSmiling impJapanese ogre

Where am I?

Parents Reply Children
  • I’m moving towards a mainly raw vegan diet, not because I can’t cook because I can and I love cooking, but there’s everything else that goes with it and currently, my energy levels etc are low so I realised that if I eat mainly raw, I will be able to spend less time preparing food, thinking about it etc and there will be less dishes to wash etc, so I can give my energy to something else. I’m currently in the process (still) of setting up a daily routine and have decided I’ll have my main cooked meal for breakfast (I don’t mind eating dinner for breakfast, when you’ve lived in India, all rules of what to eat and at what time, go out of the window) and if I’m going to cook, I’d rarher it be in a morning. Eating at least one raw meal a day is highly beneficial anyways and if I want anything else to eat (at tea time) I’ll have a massive bowl of fruit and maybe some soya yoghurt with chocolate and nut granola with some extra chocolate chopped up and added and maybe some raw cocoa added to the yoghurt to make it chocolate flavour ~ this is one of my fav meals, especially with a ton of juicy mango :)