Drawing

Hi, everyone

Does anyone like drawing or art on here? As I feel I don't have anyone to talk about it with.

Parents
  • I like to draw but am not good at it and get frustrated when it all looks wrong.

i prefer technical drawing, rigid structure and orderly lines, 

I enjoy seeing pencil sketches especially those that express with little or  few lines,

so DC my friend, what do you enjoy ?

• ...Crickey. Believe it or not, I only see this Post now (from LoneWarrior), three days later, inviting me to Post something... so here is a something.

This is a very basic drawing tip, complicated yet simple. It was invented <>by Disney, perfected by the Japanese, and then at times forgotten by both of late...

Draw two circles.

Then quarter each circle (either by drawing a cross or by imagining it).

Upon the first, draw eyes and a mouth, like a normal "Smiley" Icon.

Upon the second, draw eyes, and a mouth - BELOW the cross (i.e. on the bottom half of the circle).

...The difference should be seen: The first is just a Face, yet the second is a Juvenile (child). This is a key technique, often forgotten, to drawing Cute, Chan, Children, Appealing, etc. It has nothing to do with "making eyes bigger" or "body size" or such like...

It may seem obvious, yet a lot of "professionals" do not know of it, and once you know it, you can see where it is done correctly and not (in Cartoons or Media).

End of Post.

Reply Children
No Data