Drawing

Hi, everyone

Does anyone like drawing or art on here? As I feel I don't have anyone to talk about it with.

Parents
  • Yes, I love drawing and doing art. I’m about to purchase a table which will enable me to do my art work easier. I recently joined an art groups, which was good and I enjoyed it, but I wasn’t ready for it. I’m building up my collection of paints etc and I think I’m going to get a book, a simple guide to drawing or something and go from there. I love drawing faces, so want to learn more about drawing faces. I’m just going to have some fun with it. 

• It's a shame about the art group, I've been having a one 2 one helper with me, maybe that's an idea for you, I've slowly got to talk to people, although still having anxiety. We've been doing landscapes and most recently cityscapes, Which I was surprised how well I did in the lesson. I find drawing faces difficult, but I've only started in Autermn. The basic drawing skill is to learn different drawing strokes and then drawing shapes. If it's difficult to choose a book to buy, try the library, Youtube is awesome, I use it a lot. But most of all have fun with what you do Slight smile

• I’m cool about the art group. It’s just not for me just now. I’m going to play with my pencils and paints and have some food. I love drawing faces so I will enjoy learning some skills and techniques with that and right now, I’ll follow lessons from YouTube and books but I think I’ll probably follow your suggestion and get some books from the library first. I’m trying to limit my time on YouTube just now. 

I actually learned quite a lot in the few classes I had. I learned about mixing colours and drawing a room from a certain perspective. I learned some good tips and it’s given me something to be going on with and when I’m ready, I’ll take some lessons in one form or another. Maybe a drawing holiday somewhere lovely. 

I think I’ll start, as you suggested, with learning the pencil strokes and using different pencils and drawing shapes. I have been noticing that lots of pictures are made from similar shapes so yeah, that’s a good idea. Thank you. 

Enjoy the landscapes and city scapes. Have you got any work you’d like to share? 

• If you have Sky Arts, Portrait artist of the year is on at the moment on a Tuesday evening. A drawing holiday would be nice. I'd like to try it someday when I feel better. I have this coloured pencil drawing of a local landscape I did recently. What do you think and do you have anything you'd like to upload?

• If you have Sky Arts, Portrait artist of the year is on at the moment on a Tuesday evening. A drawing holiday would be nice. I'd like to try it someday when I feel better. I have this coloured pencil drawing of a local landscape I did recently. What do you think and do you have anything you'd like to upload?

Children
No Data