The most difficult and troublesome school subjects for students with ASD

Has the NAS carried out any research into what the most difficult and troublesome subjects are in secondary schools for students with ASD, and why?

Parents
  • PE due to lack of coordination and complete lack of interest in competitive sports. However I quite enjoyed cross country running. I also hated German, again because of lack of ability, coupled with having a teacher who made us stand up in class and read stuff out. Still, at least my pronunciation gave everyone a laugh.

Favourite subject was Biology, I have always been interested in nature. Didn't really enjoy having to dissect a cow's eyeball, though.

• PE due to lack of coordination and complete lack of interest in competitive sports. However I quite enjoyed cross country running. I also hated German, again because of lack of ability, coupled with having a teacher who made us stand up in class and read stuff out. Still, at least my pronunciation gave everyone a laugh.

Favourite subject was Biology, I have always been interested in nature. Didn't really enjoy having to dissect a cow's eyeball, though.

Children
  • A friend told me that one of his classmates failed (got an X grade in) his biology GCSE for refusing to dissect a dead rat that was pregnant as it was a coursework assignment. It was not possible to pass the GCSE without it.