The most difficult and troublesome school subjects for students with ASD

Has the NAS carried out any research into what the most difficult and troublesome subjects are in secondary schools for students with ASD, and why?

Parents
  • Then there are the subjects that you actually like, but they can't be bothered to go the extra mile to make it useful to you. Late in life I seem to have discovered that I probably should have done more metalwork. My grandfather ran a foundry. My father didn't go into the family business because of the slump. And I probably inherited some of my manual clumsiness from him. But now I can see I have some ability with metal fabrication, that no one at school ever really made much effort to cultivate, as the family moved so often I just became an inconvenience to most teachers. I'm quite good at improvising. It is worth noting that people on the spectrum often have engineers in previous generations.

• Then there are the subjects that you actually like, but they can't be bothered to go the extra mile to make it useful to you. Late in life I seem to have discovered that I probably should have done more metalwork. My grandfather ran a foundry. My father didn't go into the family business because of the slump. And I probably inherited some of my manual clumsiness from him. But now I can see I have some ability with metal fabrication, that no one at school ever really made much effort to cultivate, as the family moved so often I just became an inconvenience to most teachers. I'm quite good at improvising. It is worth noting that people on the spectrum often have engineers in previous generations.

Children
No Data