An aphantasia poll

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-34039054   I'm interested to see  what % of us have this.

Parents
  • My score was 8 (out of 40).

I had not realised there was a name for this 'state'.

Has anyone contacted Exeter University to be included in the research?

• Hi folks, well I did the test and found it strange, the image I had to focus on wasn’t there, not a horizon on a beach, I could find a horizon in a picture or book I had seen, but couldn’t conjure my own up.

I also couldn’t place a storm of rainbow at the scene I had to imagine!

I could picture a rainbow above the houses opposite me as we had one recently, big sharp full rainbow which lasted quite a while with eventually a second less sharp one underneath, i couldn’t place it on a horizon,not on a beach as I have never seen one in a beach scene?

Same with the storm! I could see the last one I witnessed a few years ago when we were on holiday, it rumbled across the hills and lit up the hills as it flashed,it was at night.

So I couldn’t honestly answer the questions as I could see images but not in the given scene.

so I rely on remembered images! Very specific, as for colour of clothes, nothing came to mind, 

My score was 18/40. So 9% share my score, less vivid than average but above lacking those with no minds dye.

• Hi folks, well I did the test and found it strange, the image I had to focus on wasn’t there, not a horizon on a beach, I could find a horizon in a picture or book I had seen, but couldn’t conjure my own up.

I also couldn’t place a storm of rainbow at the scene I had to imagine!

I could picture a rainbow above the houses opposite me as we had one recently, big sharp full rainbow which lasted quite a while with eventually a second less sharp one underneath, i couldn’t place it on a horizon,not on a beach as I have never seen one in a beach scene?

Same with the storm! I could see the last one I witnessed a few years ago when we were on holiday, it rumbled across the hills and lit up the hills as it flashed,it was at night.

So I couldn’t honestly answer the questions as I could see images but not in the given scene.

so I rely on remembered images! Very specific, as for colour of clothes, nothing came to mind, 

My score was 18/40. So 9% share my score, less vivid than average but above lacking those with no minds dye.

Children
No Data