Is it sad/ok to go to the Cinema on your own?

Some people say it's sad to go on your own but I don't think it is? I recently got a unlimited card so I can go to the cinema as many times as I want. I only have 4 close friends but they're always busy and they're rarely able to go to cinema with me apart from once/twice on some weekends. I haven't really got any other friends to ask to go with me unfortunately but there are quite a lot of movies I want to see so I'm just going to go on my own anyway.

Also wondered if anyone else here goes to the cinema on their own as well. :)

Parents
  • There are not many cinemas left today.

Going on your own ( sad or not Thinking).  Depends on the circumstances.   

My late mother described her sole cinema visits in the late 50s as one of the happier moments of her life.  After she got married she moved in with my father's family and in that overcrowded house people argued constantly and wanted her to take sides.  So when she finished her shift, working in a restaurant kitchen, she went to the cinema.  She described it as a safe refuge.  Cheap tickets, warm comfortable seats and she could relax and dose off.  

I also used to go alone to cinemas in the early 80s.  No friends so I had nobody to go with.  I enjoyed the experience and leaving the cinema into the outside world was also an experience.  The atmosphere inside the cinema and the world outside was an extreme contrast. 

Going with people was always disappointing.  I got dragged to see films I never enjoyed.  In 1968 we went as a large group of children with one adult  to see the original planet of the Apes.  I was terrified.

It's ok to go alone.

Well... I happen to live close to a privately-owned (very rare nowadays) cinema that's like the old Odeons I remember in my youth in the '70s.  A huge screen, and wide rows of seats that even someone like me - at 6' 5" - can stretch out in.  Tickets?  £2.50 each - or £3.00 on weekends.  Better than any 'Vue', with seats at £9.

Well... I happen to live close to a privately-owned (very rare nowadays) cinema that's like the old Odeons I remember in my youth in the '70s.  A huge screen, and wide rows of seats that even someone like me - at 6' 5" - can stretch out in.  Tickets?  £2.50 each - or £3.00 on weekends.  Better than any 'Vue', with seats at £9.

Children