What happened?

This website was down for over a day.

I began to get withdrawal symptoms and registered with another autism chat forum/site.  I think it is an American oneGrinning

Parents
  • Here is a screenshot of what I saw a few minutes ago when I tried to access this site.

• That has been seen my many of our supporters and site visitors. It should clear in the coming hours, but it will happen for different people at different times - which is what I was trying to say in my previous message. I'm sorry that, even though we have ensured that a fix is in place, the way that that takes effect for each of you is determined by the way that the Internet works. There is not much that we, nor anyone else for that matter, can do to influence that.

If it's available to you, you can try a different Internet connection (e.g. home wi-fi, mobile/3G). As I mentioned, restarting your PC, your device or even just your browser might help in some cases.

Again, I am sorry for the problems that this has caused.

• From "DC" to WebPM... Thank you for the work that you do - and but for Mr. Robert123 starting this Thread, I had thought that my Device/Account had been "Hacked" in some manner... I dare not Log On much just now, and for about 2 days and even now, it is still going weird for me.

To access this Forum, I went through the NAS site, and got this message:

An Error Ocurred Authenticating Your Request

An unexpected error prevented your requested action from completing. The error has been logged for the administrator to review.

...(note the spelling mistake?), but when I did - and right now still do - a WWW search, the "related searches" section comes up with some foreign language instead. This is what worries me... and has anyone else seen it...?

• :) it’s a good joke, I never tire of it!

Just be careful where you tread,boom boom, x

• Hehe, yes, army’s, one of my dad’s favourite jokes! :-) 

I am so glad ~ I just had a really strong vibe to type it, and was not sure if it was going to be one of those deafening silence inducing moments. Phew!

• But I’ve got something up my sleeve which I think you will be interested to hear about, which will give us full control. 

Is this 'something' you've got up your sleeve perchance an "army" with a hand attached to it perhaps? ;-)

• Good to know you are present and correct Deepthought.

Present yes, but err on caution with me being correct perhaps? ;-)

I feel like I’m on a ship that just bumped into an ice burg.

I can so relate as when this forum got updated earlier this year, all my habituations in using the previous site became incompatible, and needing updating too ~ and I had a progressive burn out and in which I learnt so so much from. So when the intuition came through about a day off happening, I had a good bit of forward planning at hand to miss the proverbial ice berg.

I guess the others are either having time out or they can’t get on.

Perhaps even both. I am sure we'll find out though.

I couldn’t get on via my lap top, the last time I tried.

I use a lap-top myself.

• Good to know you’re present and correct Lonewarrior. It was just a little tremor, not a full blown earthquake. It’s all good. I don’t think nt’s can know what it’s like for us, but we don’t know what it’s like for them either. It’s good they pop in and out now and again, because we do need them, for a leg up. But I’ve got something up my sleeve which I think you will be interested to hear about, which will give us full control. 

• Hi all I am here, I experienced messages yesterday morning when going from the main NAS page to community, then I tried other parts nope. Just the same, server connection errors,

tried earlier today at around three o’clock, “If you are the domain owner of this domain name, click here.

came up.

These things do happen elsewhere on other forums,

my biggest gripe is that when ever something does happen here there is no immediate response from the people who run this forum.

It took Robert123 to mention it and admin answered him four hours later according to the times on each of thier  postings?

I really think there should be something at the top of the forum page that is for information,(sometimes called a sticky) up coming maintenance, even an easy contact point that doesn’t involve searching about when something needs reporting by us about a potential malfunction.

I appreciate that this forum cannot be monitored all the time.

And on occasion someone mostly a mod will see a thread with desperation in it,to which they provide contact information.

There doesn’t seem to be any direct communication from the very people who provide this very valuable resource.

They pop in! Give info and go off again.

I sometimes wonder if they actually notice what goes on here every day?

We just sneak in here like a room that happened to be left open,we keep the noise down,we go apparently pretty much unnoticed?

It is by far the best forum for sharing information between the members, it is the members who run this by cooperation and an over riding sense of caring and compassion.

It is a difficult situation for sure, no one wants constant supervision,Well not visibly, I just feel we are a poor relation. 

Trying hard to say how much I appreciate this forum,how valuable it is for all it’s members, I appreciate all the hard work done to keep it going, monitored,updated, it is just the lack of human interaction from upstairs,

who are you?

Do you for instance contact any members directly if you think they are vulnerable or desperate?

surely you can contact them privately?

I don’t go to any other part of the main web page as my overriding concern is for the people here and ok to give me an understanding of who I am,and to at times seek support from friends and members who may be able to give advice from their own persepctive.

To reiterate, I do appreciate this facility, I do appreciate the work behind the scenes by admin,mods, I have immense gratitude to the members for being so kind and caring, for trying thier most to help.

I stumbled upon the reason for being down on face book, and only because peoplevtrying to respond to a link on the NAS Facebook banner was unsuccessful,only then was any information given.

Could an automatic email to all be an option?

even if it just said” sorry the NAS site is undergoing vital maintenance?

Long May this site continue,

Thank you admin.

who ever you are?

much hugs and love to all.

x()x()x()x()x.

• I hope you don't have to sign off DC, I know I'm not saying much around here lately, but I was quite distressed not to be able to log in yesterday because of the error messages and see familiar voices talking a language I understand.

I think it is easy to underestimate what this site means to many of us. We don't all agree on everything but the general sense of understanding other human beings and life experience here is somethig I have never encountered in my 50 years of 'real life', I hope all who are here and more stay in the orbit of this forum to feed it's fertile and supportive atmosphere. 

• Good to know you are present and correct Deepthought. I feel like I’m on a ship that just bumped into an ice burg. I guess the others are either having time out or they can’t get on. I couldn’t get on via my lap top, the last time I tried. 

• Just got on! Phew! Lol! Are we all on board? 

Well I am here again.

I had an intuitive moment about the fact (as it turned out) that I would have a complete day off from this forum, i.e. 18/01/18 Thursday, and as I tapped the [Reply] key, an error has occurred message mentioning that I needed to contact an administrator of some sort.

I did not get time to fully read the administrator message, because it flickered and off-lined before I could work out what that meant, or what it involved in virtual and or actual reality.

But after spending a day writing a lost post, I thought I am not having that, so I accessed the Community page, re-accessed the thread, tapped the [Reply] tab below the post I had previously attempted to reply to, tapped [Tools] and [Restore lost content] and there it was again, so I tapped [Reply], and it was posted without error, that time.

So I signed out to unwind, and a short while later, attempted to access the site again to see how good or bad the grammar and typing errors were, full size, so as to see how much editing was going to needed next time I was online. But the server for this forum could not be accessed by my browser, so elsewhere on the internet I mused over some psychological and quantum physics news instead, and went too bed.

The rest was previously here posted upon above.

• It is getting late, now (Midnight), and so I am Posting the picture I mean in anycase. Not all "Browsers" show it, and so it worries me, even if it is "gobbledegook". This is what I get/got upon searching for NAS and Autism, upon the Internet (the picture is with my own device name edited out):

• Ditto! What is this technology doing to our world. It’s like an earthquake to us. I’m currently conspiring to get me a new laptop. Then I’ll move on to an iPad mini. 

• Not all of the time, Thank You for asking. I am of the Paranoid sort, and my Devices are still old, and we can't take many more shocks like that...!

When I do ever sign off totally, I shall Post it upon my "NAS Autism" Thread, and cannot come back until I have enough cash to get a new device...

But I took a screenshot of the foreign language, yet I am very English and so is my EReader, and both of us felt as if going a trifle mad, these past 3 days...

• Um... This is me, apparently "not chatting"... Thank you Mr.Mathematical-Photographer... I was all ready to write a Final Sign-Off for my EReader, (using another device), but then I was able to Log On and I saw this Thread and so saw that it was not just me... 

Thank you for starting this Thread immediately, and if I get the chance, I would do well to put a link to it upon my NAS Thread, if you do not mind...

I also managed to take a Screenshot (!!!), yet it is worrying, and so I wondered if I should Post it (or try to)...

• Nice to hear from you.

I was getting worried people might desert the site if it was down any longer.

Reply Children

Just be careful where you tread,boom boom, x

I am so glad ~ I just had a really strong vibe to type it, and was not sure if it was going to be one of those deafening silence inducing moments. Phew!

• But I’ve got something up my sleeve which I think you will be interested to hear about, which will give us full control. 

Is this 'something' you've got up your sleeve perchance an "army" with a hand attached to it perhaps? ;-)

• Good to know you are present and correct Deepthought.

Present yes, but err on caution with me being correct perhaps? ;-)

I feel like I’m on a ship that just bumped into an ice burg.

I can so relate as when this forum got updated earlier this year, all my habituations in using the previous site became incompatible, and needing updating too ~ and I had a progressive burn out and in which I learnt so so much from. So when the intuition came through about a day off happening, I had a good bit of forward planning at hand to miss the proverbial ice berg.

I guess the others are either having time out or they can’t get on.

Perhaps even both. I am sure we'll find out though.

I couldn’t get on via my lap top, the last time I tried.

I use a lap-top myself.

• Good to know you’re present and correct Lonewarrior. It was just a little tremor, not a full blown earthquake. It’s all good. I don’t think nt’s can know what it’s like for us, but we don’t know what it’s like for them either. It’s good they pop in and out now and again, because we do need them, for a leg up. But I’ve got something up my sleeve which I think you will be interested to hear about, which will give us full control. 

• Hi all I am here, I experienced messages yesterday morning when going from the main NAS page to community, then I tried other parts nope. Just the same, server connection errors,

tried earlier today at around three o’clock, “If you are the domain owner of this domain name, click here.

came up.

These things do happen elsewhere on other forums,

my biggest gripe is that when ever something does happen here there is no immediate response from the people who run this forum.

It took Robert123 to mention it and admin answered him four hours later according to the times on each of thier  postings?

I really think there should be something at the top of the forum page that is for information,(sometimes called a sticky) up coming maintenance, even an easy contact point that doesn’t involve searching about when something needs reporting by us about a potential malfunction.

I appreciate that this forum cannot be monitored all the time.

And on occasion someone mostly a mod will see a thread with desperation in it,to which they provide contact information.

There doesn’t seem to be any direct communication from the very people who provide this very valuable resource.

They pop in! Give info and go off again.

I sometimes wonder if they actually notice what goes on here every day?

We just sneak in here like a room that happened to be left open,we keep the noise down,we go apparently pretty much unnoticed?

It is by far the best forum for sharing information between the members, it is the members who run this by cooperation and an over riding sense of caring and compassion.

It is a difficult situation for sure, no one wants constant supervision,Well not visibly, I just feel we are a poor relation. 

Trying hard to say how much I appreciate this forum,how valuable it is for all it’s members, I appreciate all the hard work done to keep it going, monitored,updated, it is just the lack of human interaction from upstairs,

who are you?

Do you for instance contact any members directly if you think they are vulnerable or desperate?

surely you can contact them privately?

I don’t go to any other part of the main web page as my overriding concern is for the people here and ok to give me an understanding of who I am,and to at times seek support from friends and members who may be able to give advice from their own persepctive.

To reiterate, I do appreciate this facility, I do appreciate the work behind the scenes by admin,mods, I have immense gratitude to the members for being so kind and caring, for trying thier most to help.

I stumbled upon the reason for being down on face book, and only because peoplevtrying to respond to a link on the NAS Facebook banner was unsuccessful,only then was any information given.

Could an automatic email to all be an option?

even if it just said” sorry the NAS site is undergoing vital maintenance?

Long May this site continue,

Thank you admin.

who ever you are?

much hugs and love to all.

x()x()x()x()x.

• I hope you don't have to sign off DC, I know I'm not saying much around here lately, but I was quite distressed not to be able to log in yesterday because of the error messages and see familiar voices talking a language I understand.

I think it is easy to underestimate what this site means to many of us. We don't all agree on everything but the general sense of understanding other human beings and life experience here is somethig I have never encountered in my 50 years of 'real life', I hope all who are here and more stay in the orbit of this forum to feed it's fertile and supportive atmosphere. 

• Good to know you are present and correct Deepthought. I feel like I’m on a ship that just bumped into an ice burg. I guess the others are either having time out or they can’t get on. I couldn’t get on via my lap top, the last time I tried. 

Well I am here again.

I had an intuitive moment about the fact (as it turned out) that I would have a complete day off from this forum, i.e. 18/01/18 Thursday, and as I tapped the [Reply] key, an error has occurred message mentioning that I needed to contact an administrator of some sort.

I did not get time to fully read the administrator message, because it flickered and off-lined before I could work out what that meant, or what it involved in virtual and or actual reality.

But after spending a day writing a lost post, I thought I am not having that, so I accessed the Community page, re-accessed the thread, tapped the [Reply] tab below the post I had previously attempted to reply to, tapped [Tools] and [Restore lost content] and there it was again, so I tapped [Reply], and it was posted without error, that time.

So I signed out to unwind, and a short while later, attempted to access the site again to see how good or bad the grammar and typing errors were, full size, so as to see how much editing was going to needed next time I was online. But the server for this forum could not be accessed by my browser, so elsewhere on the internet I mused over some psychological and quantum physics news instead, and went too bed.

The rest was previously here posted upon above.

• It is getting late, now (Midnight), and so I am Posting the picture I mean in anycase. Not all "Browsers" show it, and so it worries me, even if it is "gobbledegook". This is what I get/got upon searching for NAS and Autism, upon the Internet (the picture is with my own device name edited out):

• Ditto! What is this technology doing to our world. It’s like an earthquake to us. I’m currently conspiring to get me a new laptop. Then I’ll move on to an iPad mini. 

• Not all of the time, Thank You for asking. I am of the Paranoid sort, and my Devices are still old, and we can't take many more shocks like that...!

When I do ever sign off totally, I shall Post it upon my "NAS Autism" Thread, and cannot come back until I have enough cash to get a new device...

But I took a screenshot of the foreign language, yet I am very English and so is my EReader, and both of us felt as if going a trifle mad, these past 3 days...

• Um... This is me, apparently "not chatting"... Thank you Mr.Mathematical-Photographer... I was all ready to write a Final Sign-Off for my EReader, (using another device), but then I was able to Log On and I saw this Thread and so saw that it was not just me... 

Thank you for starting this Thread immediately, and if I get the chance, I would do well to put a link to it upon my NAS Thread, if you do not mind...

I also managed to take a Screenshot (!!!), yet it is worrying, and so I wondered if I should Post it (or try to)...