DLA to PIP

my daughter age 16 is moving from dla to pip  well she has flammatory bowel disease as well as autism

would she have a chance what do you all think?

Parents
  • If she scores enough points across the different descriptors then she stands an excellent chance. I have been awarded PIP twice (initial app and renew) and was awarded the enhanced daily living component both times after the f2f interview. I did provide evidence to back up every point i made though. This include a print out of my medical notes with the relevant appointments highlighted, OH reports, a letter from my employer etc

• Hi ,, will they look at the autism part like both physical and  mental aspect . as my daughter will not go out of the house without somebody  needs help with everything I suppose they will use the information that they have from the dla also

• Hi ,, will they look at the autism part like both physical and  mental aspect . as my daughter will not go out of the house without somebody  needs help with everything I suppose they will use the information that they have from the dla also

Children
  • I'm not sure about how much each dept talks to each other and what records they can see. From what I've seen on various forums most assessors are only able to make a decision on what you put on the form, the evidence YOU provide and the interviewer's report. As GP surgeries can be very slow they often don't have the time to wait for them to send in the evidence if they're contacted, which is why I get a print out of my records and highlight the relevant bits.

I go with the motto, 'assume they know nothing and send in everything you'd like them to know