NAS Forum: What do I do if I am on this Forum as an Autistic Person, but because it is New Year, the other Informal/"No Specific Topic" Threads have become largely forgotten?

...The full Title of this Thread was going to be:

NAS Forum: What do I do if I am on this Forum as an Autistic Person, but because it is New Year, and the other Informal/"No Specific Topic" Threads have become largely forgotten, and I might want to Post something just as myself, and/or neither as a Parent/Carer, nor a New/Introduce Yourself/"Hello!" -Person... Yet I cannot Chat, PM, or Notify, and am too scared to join any other Internet Forums, despite The Internet being socially enforced whether I can use it or not?

... but that did not fit.  ;-)

Parents
  • Thank You "Deep-Tee" and "Missy" (!). Believe it or not... that was my reason for starting this Thread... but it seems everyone took the title too literally - imagine that, ASD People like me, doing such a thing...(!)
    If either of you are game, I can actually (try to) change the title, yet I shall leave the description? I am uncertain of proper titles appropriate to myself as any starter, however...

- A Chat Thread begun by a Person who doesn't do Chat
    - A Chat Thread for others who can Chat despite the Starter most likely fleeing into the hills if they are attempted to be spoken directly at for too long
    -A Chat Thread begun by one of those people who reeeeeeally wants to join in but is just sitting the corner, whimpering, yet may tentatively raise a hand at times, and then venture something in a very quiet voice...
    - ...that last title but ending with: ...and *then* flees into the hills.

Missy is totally correct with "an anything chat /comment thread". But something with more ASD uniqueness... More Title suggestions appreciated, here?

• Haha... so you see .. very literal in our efforts to help one another! Relaxed️I know all that list very well! No no need to change the title it’s fine...see how it caught our attention.. let’s see “ January 2018 chat about anything thread” “”  literally anything goes thread” “winters night get together thread” I’m not much good at titles! Ellie and Lonewarrior are good at those for this type of thing. Can I go back to my corner now? 

• Haha... so you see .. very literal in our efforts to help one another! Relaxed️I know all that list very well! No no need to change the title it’s fine...see how it caught our attention.. let’s see “ January 2018 chat about anything thread” “”  literally anything goes thread” “winters night get together thread” I’m not much good at titles! Ellie and Lonewarrior are good at those for this type of thing. Can I go back to my corner now? 

Children
  • "Son (20) still living at home"

This is <> the title of a Thread which I did not see, yet was supposedly begun more than 11 hours ago, and I only see it now  because a Reply was Posted less than 10 minutes ago...

...and in writing THIS post, my previous posts disappeared, and I had to access twice in order to reply to myself right now!! This Forum has gone mad. Thank You to all who may read again, for letting me know that it is not just my own EReader...!!!!!

• http://community.autism.org.uk/f/miscellaneous-and-chat/11415/community-forums-miscellaneous-and-chat-general-chat-random-topics-est-january-11th-2018

...That, if it works, is a link to my attempt at a new "chat" Thread. After another (first) answer, I shall Post there a link to this one... because I try not to forget any Threads which I myself have begun - not even the Brainwaves Thread! - and because this here Thread mentions a few useful things which are not mentioned anywhere else...

I wait to see if the lack of replies or chat is because I started it, however. However again, I have begun a few Threads without meaning to "Chat" and yet "chat" has occurred in any case regardless of myself... and so that is another reason why I still attempt to start a new "chat" Thread, there.

Thanks for reading, to "Missy" and to all.

• Thanks again! Have I uncovered yet another new and bad "glitch"? After my last post (about an hour ago), I did switch off and on, and left off for about ten minutes... and this post of yours to which I reply, shows up as almost 40 minutes ago!! Thus, Thank You for letting me know that it is (likely) not just my EReader! 

This is bad, very bad... but I can only try to carry on anyway...

• I will keep your secret! Sometimes puts me off too or occasionally I can help. I  used to get emails of threads I’d contributed to but that doesn’t happen now.. don’t know why so didn’t see you had replied. Ellie and I and a few others started here last summer. We often “ went off topic” in general conversation and got a bit carried away; this upset other users who preferred threads to stay “ on topic” we needed somewhere to say hello or goodnight or vent in numerous ways.. seriously or humorously or imaginatively just experimenting and trying out being on a forum with people who understood us, weren’t cynical or disparaging and light relief from our own worlds. We have settled onto the forum since then and sometimes our own world or exhaustion takes over and so we have a break from here or don’t respond. Yes it’s good to have somewhere to talk generally about things either connected or not connected to asd. Give it a go and see what happens.. Technical hitches are a nuisance! 

• For the past hour, no-one has replied to anything. I wonder if it is because of myself, or because I must Post something into my ageing EReader, before anything shows up (or I have to turn it off and on again now)...

EDIT: Yup. I just posted this and a reply from 10 minutes ago showed up instantly after that. (on another Thread.) Just to make a note...

• I am - unusually for me - still reading...! Thank you for that. I shall muse, and may retitle/start another. I really need this diversion, because I was going to post a lot last night, yet this site was instead flooded with... um, children (Don't tell anyone that I said that, though)...!

...As far as I saw, Yourself and Miss Elephant sort of invented that sort of thing, and I wonder why no-one else does it... (to fill a niche...)