What does your avatar mean?

Mine is Beaker from the Muppets. I can identify with Beaker, a somewhat gullible test subject and long suffering assistant of Dr Bunsen Honeydew. Somebody that things always happen to, often out of his control.

Beaker is my spirit animal.

Parents Reply Children
  • Greetings to you (and all), Miss Starmie... I could Post full reply here, yet if you may, please have a go at seeing what I last Posted upon this Thread:

community.autism.org.uk/.../autistic-people-on-the-n-a-s-internet-and-how-to-use-it-2

I am, believe it or not, also "finding my feet" upon the (NAS) Internet, I have been here only two months or so, and could tell you very much (I was nearly barred for example, very bad, yet I am still learning)... and I post that Link since the Topic of the Internet I think is best discussed *there*, and also have a go at using the Search Box to find others as well, and Search the activity of certain Users whom you may like. That is what a Forum is for (unless I am corrected later)...

One is supposed to find it "fun" to "chat" or relax, here. Yet to confess, I have found that I have no "feet" for the Internet, really... Please discuss this upon that other Thread if you may. I might Post another reply later... or dare to start a Pokemon Thread myself (!). Whatever you say, Miss Starmie, worry not about "boring" anyone... for if that happens, then you shall know, since no-one shall reply, or you may gain only one or two replies...

To sign off, I write Fair Play and Happy New Year to yourself and all who may read.

• I would be happy to help to start a new thread about Pokémon, but not sure what to say or do. I only joined the online community recently, and am still "finding my feet". I don't want to bore people.

• Perhaps foolishly, I attempt a follow-up reply... (concerning Pokemon).

I myself care not for how "badass" a Pokemon is. What I do is focus very much upon Type Matchups. But, really, I really do want to start a new Thread instead (and another concerning Gardening, maybe).... and, now that Pokemon is around 20 years old, there is very little shame/stigma in being an Adult and being interested in it and in generally playing videogames anymore. (Halo or Super Mario or Sonic, for instance....) 

• Um... Greetings, to an unexpected answer-er, yet I am a very serious person, oppressed, and literal, and also still "online" and so I attempt reply - and still say that I may quit and am of a very nervous sort!

I am not "freaked out by the NT", I am "freaked out" at the prospect of absolutely anyone speaking to me whom I do not know. That is how I am, sorry. This could, again, start another Thread, to which I, at last, do not know how to entitle.

This Reply is to ElephantInTheRoom, by the way... (not about Pokemon)...

• Are you that freaked out by the NT? 

• Greetings again. Playing Pokemon relaxes me wa-a-a-y more than using the Internet (right here, right now, for example!)... and so I reply again... I really would like someone to start a Thread about it here, though... that and Gardening (hint, hint)....

Next, for your reading pleasure, I give a little story. I am VERY good at Pokemon. But this year, one day, I gained Internet Access, and logged onto the Pokemon GTS and all of that... and I actually challenged another *real* Trainer to a *real* Battle... and because it was a *real* person, I freaked out, chose the wrong Pokemon, and as I was about to lose, I simply turned my DS off!

So, that is Autism and NT persons via Pokemon for you. (!) Even when one cannot see the person, I still get nervous. Happy New Year to all who may read!

• I haven't tried Pokémon Go either, but have a few Nintendo DS games. I first got interested in pokemon a couple of years ago, after my son talked me in to it. He can identify any pokemon by its sound, likes ones that are "badass", and is a fearsome opponent on multiplayer games. I am a mere amateur by comparison.

• Good Evening. As I am typing another reply (below), I cannot help but notice this, and so I cannot really postpone a direct question... be advised, however, that I am not good at "chat", and my devices may cut out... or I might get too nervous... Sorry in advance.

This is what I have *always* wanted to say to another Pokemon Player (here, so far), however. I would like to start a new Thread about Pokemon (Just as there are ones about Star Trek and My Little Pony, etc.)... yet I dared not, due to mentioned reasons, and the fact that I only know about the *Main Game* (on Nintendo DS), and about the Anime... I cannot know about "Pokemon Go", or the Card Game, which should have massive WebSites of their own ("Serebii.net" is the biggest and best).
    ...To answer your question of myself... if I had a Pokemon as an Icon, it would be Mimikyu. Trying to look like the most popular Pokemon (Pikachu), yet not quite succeeding, and is very different on the inside...!

• Do you like pokemon as well? (Sorry if that's a daft question.) Do you have a favourite?