What do I need to do to be listened to?

In a difficult situation.

Family don't give a ***.

Social work don't give a ***.

What the ** am I supposed to do?

In the past I've overdosed and sent an email to social work mentioning suicide and ended up in a psych ward in a cry for help. But I still get ignored and all I get offered is horrible medication.

• Hi pewpewmcdrew,

It sounds like you are really being deprived of the attention you desire. When we feel ignored, we may become desperate to grab someone's attention, which may explain your actions of overdosing and sending the email to social work. It sounds like you want someone to listen to, to talk to, someone who will understand you and be there for you. It's a shame that family or social work isn't the answer here. You could try a site called 7 Cups of Tea - you can have online chats to talk to someone about how you feel? I've heard that it's a good place from others!x

Much love <3

• Hi perpermcdrew.

I’m sorry you are going through such a tough time, it’s good that you’ve let us know what’s happening/how you feel. 

If you are unable to cope with the distress or despair, it’s very important to tell someone about your feelings or thoughts of suicide.  Make an urgent appointment with your GP who can make sure you get appropriate help and support.

The Samaritans provide confidential non-judgemental emotional support, 24 hours a day by email on jo@samaritans.org.

MIND have information pages on coping with self harm or suicidal feelings based on the experiences of people who’ve been through it that you may find helpful.

If you need help with an autism related issue, our helpline can be emailed on autismhelpline@nas.org.uk.

I hope that is of some help.

Regards,

Kerri-Mod

• There are many here and listen acutelly and understand how you are feeling right now. I come here to be listened to. In my oridinary day to day I know I am not, so no longer expect it....which is different to wanting it....but where I have drawn the line of expectation

• I know, don’t give in. My help came in a way I wasn’t expecting because I refused to give in. After I told the coach what life is like for me she listened and took action. 

• I've been in hospital. I've been on anti-psychotic medication. That isn't what I need. What I need is to be listened to and understood.

• I understand how you feel and I too feel it’s not acceptable. I said to someone the other day that it’s like being a second class citizen. I came clean to my work coach about what life is like for me and she got me some help. They’ve tried to give me medication and it’s tempting, but I keep declining. I also thought about going into hospital, if only for a break but I realised I’d have to come out so I’m gonna keep on fighting to get what I need. We deserve to have our needs met. Don’t give in. X

• There is noone to talk to. I can't even phone a helpline because I have speech impediments.

• I am treated like a 2nd class citizen. I am not happy and it is not acceptable. And I don't know what to do.